「 weekends with ni-ki - hcs 」

• idk why but i have this feeling that ni-ki is a hyper 'lil babie whenever he's around people he's most comfortable with, even if he doesn't look the part at first• so whenever the weekend dawns and he gets hold of his phone, get ready for a plet...

• so whenever the weekend dawns and he gets hold of his phone, get ready for a plethora of messages flooding your notifs from the excited teen rambling about all the places you could visit
• and you're tethering between being amused and being annoyed because ni-ki, it is eight am on a weekend give me ten more minutes please—
• once you finally muster up the strength to leave the comfortable confinements of your home and meet up with your best friend, you better believe he's already taking you somewhere with his arms linked with yours before you can even say "hello"
• you think the gems embroidered in his eyes are worth more than what royals can afford (you'd never say that out loud, though; ni-ki would never live it down)
• he can & will point out every place that comes to view: clothing stores, bookstores (if you like reading), boba shops—whenever you're with him, the sky's the limit
• and while you're (killing your ankles) walking around he'll share small stories of the boys & their mishaps in the dorms, things that have happened in practice, or simply thoughts he's held onto until he'd have the chance to talk to you again

"yeah, jay-hyung completely flipped when he saw the cockroach under his bed."

"you're the same dude who screamed murder when a stray cat jumped near you a few nights ago—you don't have the right to clown him like that, you troll."

• he rarely posts on sns but he takes a truckload of pictures of anything and everything on your little trips ("how the hell do you even have storage left—?" your question is unanswered as ni-ki shoves a waffle in your mouth, hushing you "shhhh")
• this little baby just cherishes these hours w/ you so much so he tries to capture every moment so he doesn't forget them (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.)
• on another note, you'd try to feed him as much as possible
• "if i eat any more i'll explode," he'd groan
• but cue him stealing from your own plate less than two minutes later
• knowing you, you would've talked his ear off about buying his own food, but you just silently push your plate towards him with a sigh
• but your heart always goes 🥺🥺🥺 when ni-ki's face brightens up huhu :<
• you always either go café-hopping or have impromptu arcade battles (& end up spending the rest of your money on claw machines or street fighter bc you're both too competitive for your own good)

lazy days !

• on weekends where one/both of you prefer to stay indoors, if you aren't spending hours on end talking to each other via video call, you best bet one of you is going to barge in unannounced with a bag full of necessities & a large grin, hey, you. d'you have any food left?
• why a bag of necessities you ask?
• bc every single one of your "short visits" always end up as a sleepover
• ni-ki would always try to get you to dance with him (inevitably leading to a nonsensical dance-off, which always ends up with the both of you laughing to tears)
• in turn, you would always challenge him to both board games and video games—to which he would always lose every. single. time.
• (he doesn't know where this unlucky strike came from, but his competitiveness compensates for his terrible gaming skills)
• if you'd have one of your days where you needed to finish schoolwork, ni-ki would be silently vibing beside you while (you're suffering bc algebra can go choke) cheering you on in ᴛɪɴɪᴇ (ᵔᴥᵔ)
• if he realizes you're overworking yourself even for a minute, he'll automatically spring out of his seat because nope, not today

"that's enough essays for now," ni-ki chirps, pulling you from your chair (and from your dazed state which you keep slipping intermittently in-and-out from).

"but i wasn't finished with the conclusion—"

"there's always sunday," he waves away your retorts and plops on the couch, turning on the television and happily scrolling through netflix's selection of ghibli films.

you, knowing very well how the blond could go feral in a blink, have no choice but to relent; you begrudgingly sit beside ni-ki, snatching the sweet mochi he brought from the dorms (presumably stolen from jungwon's side of the fridge) as he picks whisper of the heart. ni-ki indulges in your mom's homemade pork floss buns, but before the quiet settles in he looks at you and sends a gentle smile. "you did well this week."

although your eyes are glued to the film, you let out a tired laugh as you both lean on each other, and though you know that there's an eleven out of ten chance that he'll end up falling asleep on you halfway through the movie, you're thankful for this—for the warmth of his presence beside you, for this little safe haven, for the rush of comfort that the night gives, your efforts will not be in vain. i am proud of you, and i can't wait to see how far we'll go.

"you did, too. thanks for sticking with me, yeah?"