[adore you]

Lee Heeseung has stars embedded in his irises.

A passing observation, made by the corner of the room during class while watching the debate dwindle down into something even more nonsensical as Heeseung dissolves into hiccuping laughter. You shrug to yourself; it probably isn't a novelty—you're sure everyone has seen the way his eyes glimmer once they'd looked longer, or listened to him ramble about music theory and how enamoured he was about the immense care that went into the production of this one track he's obsessed with, passion crowning him like a halo. Nothing new.

Everyone's figured out that his eyes only ever sparkle like that when he looks at you.

You bite back a smile when you talk about your favorite things.

Another passing observation, one made beneath blooming magnolia trees on the bench just on the outskirts of town on a spontaneous trip with friends on a Friday, you and Heeseung left behind as each peer ventured out to different shops and stores adorning the area. He reckons that everyone has seen how joy paints your face in a beautiful glow, your voice soft but teeming with enthusiasm, trying not to overwhelm your companion all at once with information but still evidently happy that someone's taken a liking to your interests. It's probably nothing, right?

That same smile only comes around when he's around you.

It isn't "nothing" to anyone around you two, because nobody has fallen head over heels with neither Lee Heeseung nor Y/N L/N enough to notice star-spangled eyes or secret smiles, but they're all aware of this: they've had enough of you both being idiots.

Nishimura Riki, especially: the kid's not being paid enough to catch all the fleeting gazes and discarded confession notes and oh my god he is this close to hurling a soggy fry at your faces how are you both so dense and he convinces himself daily that he loves you both so much, he'd tame every ocean in this world for his friends—but sometimes, this whole puppy love thing is not beneficial at all for his blood pressure.

But maybe, just maybe, this little plan of his concocted alongside Jake and Jay might bring peace to them at last. Ni-ki holds the keys closer to him, all of the band kids save you and Heeseung filing out of the practice room;

All he needed was the opportune moment.