[5:44 pm]

"You're a liar."

You fail to stifle a grin when Jungwon looks up at you, his legs tucked beneath himself, as he resorts to hugging your guitar to his chest after realising that he'd rather not have his fingers tangled and in knots, thank you very much. A hint of a frown. You sputter out broken laughs behind your palm and your best friend's gaze turns incredulous.

"Why are you laughing? You told me this was going to be easy!"

"It is!" You counter, gesturing to his iPad screen, "it's one of the easiest songs to play because there're only three chords."

"Yeah, but they might be the three hardest chords out there."

Clamping your eyes shut, you cradle your head with a quiet "aiyah," and Jungwon releases a laugh that hovers above the line of mirthful and hopeless; he's found his new favourite pastime, he thinks, 'annoying his first love' effectively dethroning the longtime champion 'messing with Jay hyung' for a brief minute. He laughs and pries your hands away from your face, apologising.

"Patience, Jungwon," you state, although the both of you are teeming with giggles. "Nobody becomes perfect at stuff overnight."

"Unless you're Heeseung hyung," he offers, and you nod in envious agreement. The man could become president if he tried.

This time, Jungwon positions the instrument properly again, a rueful glance at the fretboard, then at his fingers, at the marks the strings left behind. You smile softly, grasping his left hand, encasing it in your own as you smooth out his palm with your thumbs, and he studies your features in secret—he can never really get used to it, the loveliness he finds in every part of you, but he's grateful for it, because every day he finds these little things (the corner of your mouth, the glint in your eyes, any hidden dimples and freckles) that make him fall in love just a little bit more, another memory he tucks safe in his heart, another reason to marvel over how you are his and how he is yours.

"Don't worry," you reassure him, touch almost breath-soft. You find it ridiculous how you still shy away from his soft gazes; you think he still brings summers past with him, warmth warped in a smile. Despite that you lean closer to him, grinning. "Keep on going and you won't feel a thing. We just gotta trust the process, y'know?"

"Mhmm, sure."

There it is, his infamous dimpled smile. A pull on your heartstrings. A new symphony.

(It puts all the other love songs to shame.)