winter solace

。 ot7 x reader (platonic); pure fluff

ot7 x reader (platonic); pure fluff.

in the midst of pending projects and the imminent promise of a new year hanging above the dawn, you marvel over the seven stars that have made your days brighter, that have made this winter a little warmer than before.

notes: this is so bad and so cringey i am so, so sorry you guys deserve better :') but consider this as a little gift from me to you !! hoping you all stay safe, warm, and cozy today <33 please keep on being amazing human beings !!

wordcount: 0.7k

Being friends with seven dorks has its perks

For one, there are now more people you can steal food from; sure, someone (read: Jay, who went feral the last time you were bold enough to down his mocha latte in one sitting right in front of him) might end up complaining now and then, but they're whipped enough to not do something about your frequent commitments of theft (to which you use to your advantage—you're lucky they're so soft-hearted). However, once they glimpse the newly-bought snacks inside their bags, they are again reminded that you are just as smitten as they are.

But, like any relationship, there are downsides.

You don't have to mention how your hoodies often disappear "spontaneously" less than a day after purchasing them (the amount of times Sunoo has said "hello" to you whilst wearing a supposedly missing hoodie is mind-boggling), or there is a little-to-none chance that you'll end up finding a seat on the couch when they invite you over; you don't try to fight them over a spot, because that is the equivalent of declaring war.

With them being the master of versatility, though, the setting you're in is akin to a kindergarten classroom: with Jay and Sunoo pouring over half-baked cookies in the kitchen, Sunghoon and Jake screaming over nearly breaking a Christmas bobble that they're sure is older than them, Heeseung and Jungwon arguing over their playlists, and Ni-ki ignoring the clusterfuck of chaos occuring behind him, you're surprised they haven't set the dorm in flames yet.

"Y/N, you do know you're turning into a banana, right?" Jungwon calls out, eyeing your open textbooks with distaste. You wave him off from your swivel chair, attempting to blink away the strain.

"Spare me your sermons, Yang. You know very well what happens when I put things off," you grimace at the ugly memories of you staring off into the void, "It isn't pretty."

You yelp when your seat is whirled around, and you find yourself face-to-face with a dishevelled Sunoo, his lips pulled into a pout. "A holiday break doesn't mean breaking your back over readings, Y/N. It means taking a break from being the boring fart that you are."

You sigh drearily and wipe off a streak of flour off Sunoo's cheek, and he blushes rosy at your touch. "Don't stress over me, peachy. I'm not worth the trouble."

His insistent pout shows his displeasure, but he looks over his shoulder twice, and before you can question his motives, Sunoo pulls you out of your chair with a call of Sunghoon's name, and in a second you find yourself fettered by Sunghoon's blanket wrap and ushered to the couch by Ni-ki, the youngest's arms wrapped around you in case you try to break free. You scoff in your place as the others approach you both, Jay holding a tray of shockingly decent cookies with a smug grin.

"Guys—let me go."

Simultaneously, they all reply: "No."

Groaning, you tilt your head backwards, catching Heeseung's amused visage. "You allowed them to do this?"

He shrugs with the softest smile, tapping your nose before settling down by your feet. Jungwon follows suit, snatching the remote before anyone else can and opening Netflix; Jake plops down beside you, and he smells of lavender when he places his head on your shoulder. Ni-ki's hold has turned into an embrace, he snuggles further into your side quietly, and you sigh dejectedly.

Jake chuckles, "You gave up fast."

"What can I do?" You shrug with a small smile, glimpsing the gentle sparkle in Sunghoon's eyes when he looks at you. "You guys have already held me here against my will."

"It's for your own good, Y/N." Jay counters, and while Sunoo complains about Jungwon's choice of film, Sunghoon pats your knee reassuringly, Ni-ki looks up at you with a grin.

"They're right, y'know. Besides—don't you like spending time with your favorite boys?"

I do, you think, pressing your cheek against the crown of the blond's head. The little gold star's toppled off their miniature Christmas tree in the corner, lying idle by Heeseung's feet; you feel tired, and their space is a mess, and in the air lingers the scent of vanilla and anticipation; you're afraid, no doubt, but you look at the light in their eyes, and you smile. One day, we will have the strength to take on the world. One day.

Winter braves on outside the windowpane, but in your little universe, it is warm, and you hold onto that light between your ribs—that spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, tomorrow will be kinder.

Being friends with seven dorks—seven bright, loveable dorks—has its perks.