Magic

-hello my amazing readers!!! Sorry it's been so long, I got really busy... but I'm back!
Once again, we were standing in a circle in the Blue Forest, waiting for Yuba the Gnome to instruct us for Surviving Fairy Tales. Sophie and Beatrix were sending death glares my way- I'm pretty sure they were jealous of me and Tedros. God, we're FRIENDS!!! How can these girls be so shallow? I shook my head and started to pull myself into a low hanging tree, I wasn't having this. 
    "(N/N), wait up!" Tedros laughed, climbing up behind me. Beatrix whimpered and Sophie scowled, dramatic as ever. Finally, after what felt like a millennium, Yuba showed up and started to explain what we were doing today. Tedros and I pushed ourselves out of the tree to listen.
    "Today you will be getting your finger glow, and your magic unlocked." Magic? Finally! I edged through the crowd to get to the front. "Now, who will go first?" His eyes roved around looking for a volunteer, I raised my hand confidently. "Ah, Miss (L/N), step forward."
    Yuba took an ornate key out of the pocket of his trousers, "Hold out your hand." I complied, then Yuba pressed the key to my fingertip and turned it. I felt power coursing through me- was this magic? My finger started glowing a vibrant gold, I stared at it in awe before it flashed back to my normal (S/C) skin. "Your finger will glow every time you cast a spell here at school." Woah, that's really cool. Considering I had grown up away from magic, I was even more amazed than I would be if I was the child of an Ever that had come before. "While we're at it, why don't we have our other reader go next, Sophie."
    Sophie shoved her way through the group, making sure to shove me in the process. Sophie's finger was unlocked, it glowed bright pink- figures. Tedros stepped up next, I expected his glow to be a dark bluish color- but instead it glowed brilliant gold, just like mine. I wonder what that means. 
(Tedros POV)
    My finger glow is the same as (Y/N)'s- that's got to mean something, I have to find out more. I mouthed 'garden tonight?' to (Y/N), and she nodded.
(Back to Reader POV) (Time skip to later that night)
    I had been playing around with my finger glow all night, as soon as classes ended I started rifling through the provided bookshelves in my dorm for a book on spells. Finding one that properly explained the finger glow, I started reading, 'Magic from your finger glow can only be accessed when you have gathered enough emotion to kick start the spell. The spells can be verbal or nonverbal, but all you have to do is think of what you want your glow to do and concentrate on it.' That seemed easy enough. I wasn't going to try to cast a spell, just make it glow- I could use it as a reading light, But what emotion to use? I figured the easiest to access would be happiness, so I tried to think of happy memories- hopefully they would be strong enough, I thought of the day I revealed my identity, the day Tedros and I became friends. Soon, the golden glow returned to my finger and I smiled down at it. Automatic reading light- sweet. I went back to reading, there was a section about the colors. 'The color of one's finger glow reflects one's personality. Occasionally if a bond of true love is so overwhelmingly powerful the color will change to match that of the true love—' I slammed the book shut, it was starting to sound like what happened with Tedros' glow, but he couldn't be in love with me. We're friends- that's it!  Speaking of Tedros, I was supposed to meet him in the garden. I looked over the edge of my balcony- he wasn't out there yet. So, I decided to bring one of the books of fairy tales that resided on my shelves to wait for him. 
I slid down my rope, and flipped my book open, deciding to read out loud. The sun came up over a white stone castle, on the edge of the sea. The water glistened as the light touched it..."
"Wow, (N/N). I didn't know you had such a nice reading voice." Tedros interrupted. "Keep going, I like it."
I shook my head in disbelief, but complied starting over. "The sun came up over a white stone castle, on the edge of the sea. The water glistened as the light touched it." I looked up to see if Tedros was listening- he was staring over my shoulder, a shocked expression coming over his features.
"What?" I asked, concerned.
"Did you know that when you read what you describe shows up behind you?"
"I'm sorry what?"
"Turn around." I turned around. Behind me in what looked like a sort 1of portal was the exact castle I had just described. I reached out to touch it and realized my finger was glowing- I was doing magic without even realizing it. The surface was hard like glass. Keep reading." Tedros urged.
(Tedros POV)
    "Alright," (Y/N) replied, still looking into the window of her magic, "The birds were singing and the entire kingdom was at peace for the first time in over a hundred years. Little did they know the peace was not meant to last." When (Y/N) described the birds they broke free of the background window and flew off singing, she can bring written words to life! "One day, a great swirling evil came over the kingdom, leaving carnage in its wake. The land went dark, the sun never shone, it was a period of constant darkness." (Y/N)'s voice grew more frantic as the story went on, the image went dark and a smoky figure started to break out of the background, beginning to materialize in the real world. I needed to stop her. She continued reading, her hair starting to float up around her face as the figure started to solidify.
    "(Y/N)! (Y/N)! YOU HAVE TO STOP! FOCUS ON ME, STOP READING!" She was lost to the world, shouting would do no good. I'm gonna regret this, hopefully she won't remember. Deciding to take the classic prince route- not that I thought she was a classic princess- I quickly spun (Y/N) to face me and pressed my lips to hers for just a second. I felt her snap out of the trance and quickly pulled away, looking at the ground. The window and the figure disappeared, her hair fell back to normal, and her finger stopped glowing.
    "What just happened?" She asked. Good, she doesn't know.
(Reader POV)
    I was facing the opposite direction of when I last remember- how did that happen? I didn't remember anything after I had started reading. 
    "I think you found your talent for the Circus. You can bring written words to life."
    "I can?"
    "Yes, but you need to learn how to control it- you almost released some sort of demon into the school. You're powerful, (Y/N), but you need to stay conscious when you're reading- you can't go into another trance."
    This was crazy, I had almost released a demon? All I knew was that I was going to do really well in the Circus of Talents with this newfound ability.
I'm back!!! I'm sorry this took so long, I was really busy and had some serious writers block. But here it is! You're magical! Tedros kissed you!- but you don't know it. Just so you know the trial by tale is coming up and I'm going to switch the order around a bit so the Snow Ball is more like the Yule Ball in Harry Potter- more in the middle of the year. It will directly follow the trial instead of the circus.
Until next time- Jenna!