The Theater of Tales Pt. 3

The Everboys, who had been pinning each other against the pews, released their opponents and all rushed at Tedros and me, swords drawn. So they were looking for a fight with unfair odds, we were going to see which side it would be unfair for.
  Tedros and I smirked at each other, drew our own weapons, and stood back to back. Boys rushed at us from all directions, we whirled around disarming sword after sword. Students, Ever and Never put aside their differences and cheered us on, everybody loved a game with bad odds, Nevers because that's all they ever had, and Evers because it was a pleasure for them to see the opposite odds, because they had no trouble with defeating the Nevers.
  We kept swirling around, knocking swords out of the hands of every Everboy. Soon, blades littered the floor, boys sitting on the ground stupefied, and Tedros and I, back to back, breathing heavily, still standing and holding our swords. A massive cheer rose from both sides of the crowd, Evergirls chanting,
"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" Just my name over and over again, I think they felt empowered, seeing a girl beating the daylights out of the boys that had long overshadowed them. I raised my sword and smiled at them.
  "Good show...(Y/N)!" Tedros exclaimed, after hesitating to say my name, testing the way it felt in his mouth.
  "Likewise...Tedros!" I replied, mimicking the way he paused in the middle of a phrase. He laughed, catching the joking tone in my voice.
  He mouthed, "Meet me in the garden about my parents, tonight." I nodded in confirmation, then motioned towards the blue pews on Good's side, we both sat down beside each other.
  A strange looking two headed dog walked onto the stage, one pudgy and cute, the other rabid and drooling. The heads introduced themselves as Castor and Pollux. The two went through the rules and procedures of the school. They told us about the Trial by Tale, the Circus of Talents, and the Snow Ball. Many a princess's face lit up at the mention of a ball. Including Sophie, who squealed a little bit over in Evil's rotting wood benches.
  In my opinion, the whole 'ball' idea was sexist. I mean the girls had to get a date or they would fail, while the boys coasted calmly at half credit, it was ridiculous!
  On the other hand, the Trial by Tale, and Circus of Talents sounded incredible, I mean they were competitive games! I wasn't sure what my talent would be, but I had an idea, and the Trial by Tale sounded thrilling, I mean it was practically a simulated fairy tale! I mean we were putting ourselves in DANGER! For FUN! 
  Turning my attention back to Castor and Pollux, they finished up with telling us how the theater we were sitting in moved between the schools, depending on who won the Circus of Talents. Then Castor chimed in loudly stating how Evil hasn't won in 200 years. The Evil students started screaming and causing a ruckus, throwing things at Good.
  This continued for a few minutes until the wolves who were lining the sides of the pews, jumped into action pinning the Evil students to the seats and growling in their faces. The only one left sitting up was Sophie, whose face was whiter than a sheet.
  The Good students were either in shock, or hiding grins behind their hands. It wasn't everyday they got to see their future adversaries stomped to the ground before school even started.
  "(Y/N), look at miss Pretty Princess Witch over in Evil! She doesn't know which way is up!"  Tedros exclaimed, chuckling softly. I nodded and hummed my agreement,
  "I'd say we launched our school year in a most auspicious manner." (Note: anyone who gets this reference gets an automatic follow...but you have to tell me what it's from or it doesn't count!) Tedros looked mildly confused but agreed anyway.
  Once the clatter had died down, Castor and Pollux continued the assembly. I paid close attention, most of the princesses here seemed to have something against, 'readers' whatever that meant, so I wanted to prove my worth. Back in Gavaldon I didn't really have 'friends' so I was desperate to have some here, even if it meant consorting with the occasional princess.
  Stealing a quick glance around the room, I saw I was one of the only ones paying any real attention. The two went through the ranking/grading system, but it basically fell upon deaf ears. Then Pollux announced the 'Groom Rooms' and the head of EVERY princess and most of the princes snapped towards the stage. They started asking questions over each other, but after shushing from Pollux quieted down.
  "Does Evil have groom rooms too?" Sophie asked from Evil.
  "No Nevers have doom rooms, where you are beaten and tortured." Castor retorted, Sophie slumped in her seat.
  Groom Rooms? I guess looking 'presentable' is important to Evers' success in life. Also, was I the only one with a private bathroom? I suppose that the School Master decided that me, walking in my pajamas, through several floors, all filled with teenage boys, just to get to a girls bathroom, was not a good idea. 
  With that point, the assembly was concluded, and everyone started filing out of the theater. Tedros stayed right by me and looked at me, his eyes asking for one last confirmation I would meet him on the roof. I nodded and felt a gentle smile grace my lips, Tedros returning a similar one. Maybe I wouldn't need to talk to princesses, maybe I had all the friendship I needed right here.
A/N: Hey! I finally updated with a real chapter! I promise this is the last Theatre of Tales chapter at least until the Circus of Talents. Thank you SO much to anyone who has voted or commented on this story! I'm sorry it took so long...I started like two other books... if you'd like to give them a shot they are on my page. Until the next chapter...
-DaughterofWisdom