The School Master's Tower

Tedros and I were lying in the King Arthur garden once again, on our backs, feet facing opposite directions. A question had been bugging me for a few days now so I finally released it,

"So... do you know what's in that tower over Halfway Bay?"

"Not really, all I know are rumors." Was the only response I got, so I tried to urge him to explain further.

"Such as...?"

"Some people say that's where the School Master lives, others say it's where all fairy tales are written."

"Do you believe them?" I asked, now incredibly intrigued. I was thirsting for an adventure and quickly made a mental plan.

"I can't really believe that, it's very far fetched to believe without any sort of proof." He was falling into my trap.

"Well, howsabout we go get some proof?" I smirked.

"How exactly do you propose we do this?"

"Okay, so, you see those skeletal bird things right?" I paused and Tedros hummed his agreement, "I think we should be able to control one for long enough to get to the tower without being seen. Then we break in and see what's inside. I can come up with our exit strategy when I need it." I thought the plan sounded fine and like it would work-most likely.

"This plan of yours is going to get us killed," Tedros mumbled, my smile dropped, "Of course I'm in!" I jumped up and threw my fist in the air. "Now do you know where they nest?"

"Did you really expect me not to? Follow me." I tugged the rope that I used to lower myself into the garden and it came tumbling down, now doubled in length. A sly smile spread across Tedros' face and after tying the rope to the edge of the balcony, we slid silently down towards the clearing below.

Entering the woods, I led Tedros to the place where I had seen the skeletal birds nesting. Luckily, I was right in my assumption they'd be there. As quietly as possible we slipped onto the back of the bird, me in front, Tedros behind holding onto my waist.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing (Y/N)?" He inquired.

"Nope!" I shouted, laughing like a maniac. I dug my heels into the sides of the bird, waking it up. With a screech it lifted into the air.  Holding on to the shoulder blades, I used my feet to attempt to steer, and yanked back causing it to launch at a near vertical angle. 

With an enthralled whoop from me and a terrified squeak from Tedros, we crested above the trees seeing the tower silhouetted against a backdrop of stars. Turning sharply right, the bird started a nose dive towards a small balcony sticking out from the tower, Tedros tightened his grip on me. Just as the skelatal bird was about to pull away from the tower, I pushed off its back, taking Tedros with me. We hit the floor of the balcony, rolling to absorb some of the impact. 

"You're crazy." Tedros breathed. 

"I know." I held my hand out for a high five, which he accepted. 

"Now what?" 

"We go inside." With that, we followed my instruction and walked in through the gauzy curtain that covered the door to the balcony. Once inside, we looked around. There was what looked like a writing desk covered in open books, some were written in, most blank. Poised above one of the blank books was a sharp looking... pen... hovering by itself. I reached out to touch it, but it came to life, and started flying around, point out. It was about to drive itself into my head when a snap was heard and the pen returned to it's original position

"I was wondering when you'd come (Y/n)" A cold voice said from behind us. Whipping around, there stood a man. A mask covered his features, but icy glittering eyes could be seen. Peeking out the top was a shock of white hair, there was nothing about this man I trusted. "Ah, and I see you've brought Arthur's son, he was also quite the trouble-maker in his time. Did you know?" Tedros tensed beside me, I grabbed his wrist. The pen started quivering. "So you've activated the Storian?" He tutted, "That could end poorly for you, you see once the Storian has a basis for a story, there's nothing to be done." As he was saying this the pen started rushing across the page, leaving words where blank paper was seconds ago, I caught a flash of "(Y/N)" and "Pendragon",  along with an incredibly detailed drawing of me holding Tedros' wrist. 

"What's it doing?" I asked, both fear and curiosity evident in my voice. 

"That is for you to find out when you deserve to." The man- who I assumed was the School Master- started to fade, leaving his voice disembodied. The tower room started to dissapear as well, streaks of white fading out my vision. Soon it was all white. Seconds later, my vision returned. I was laying on the ground back in the King Arthur garden, realizing I didn't know where Tedros was I bolted to my feet and looked around, feeling relieved when my eyes landed on the sandy blond boy. He looked equally at ease when his gaze landed on me. 

Running over to each other, we started talking at the same time. 

"What-"

"Just-" 

"Happened?" We finished together. 

"Well, I guess we know what's in the tower now." I said trying to lighten the mood.

"(Y/N)," Tedros said, concern lacing his tone, "That pen- the Storian- started writing a fairy tale about us.

"Well it can't be that bad, we're both in Good- we can't be enemies."  

"Yeah, but I've never seen a fairy tale about people who were still in school." 

"We're going to be fine. It's getting late, we have class tomorrow, I'm going to go to bed." I smiled tiredly, "Night." 

"Goodnight (Y/N)." We exchanged a brief hug and I swung back up over my balcony, leaving Tedros staring up, even though I was out of sight. I faintly heard him whisper, "Whatever happens to us, know I'll never abandon you." 

A/N: HIIIIIIIII!!!!!!! Thank you SO much for over 1000 reads!!! I'm sorry this is so overdue, to make up for it, I'm going to try for another chapter- I might end up doing like a 1K reads special oneshot or something(Honestly I want to write fluff without rushing the main plot of the story). Also, do I have any KotLC fans reading this? I'm contemplating writing a Keefe x Reader(I would NOT abandon this book) and I'd like to know if anyone would give it a chance! 

Until next time- jenna