I Can't Dance

A/N: Wow, look at this... two chapters in less than a week! Prepare for 100% straight fluff this chapter!
***
THUNK... THUNK... The repetitive noise continued, annoyed, I dragged a hand down my face and stumbled over to the window. THUNK. I opened the window to almost be hit by a small pebble.
    I looked down and saw Tedros noticeably cringe, "Oops! Sorry (N/N)!"
    "Whatdya want Ted?" I grumbled.
    "Come talk to me?" He asked hopefully.
    "It's the middle of the ni—" Tedros looked up at me hopefully, "Okay." Since we had kissed, I found it a lot harder to say no to him for things like this. I went back inside and grabbed my rope. I tied it to the side of the balcony and swung off. As per usual, I was still about ten feet off the ground of the garden. I laughed a little bit, yelled: "Catch me!" and let go.
    A little bit surprised by my sudden action Tedros rushed over to me and caught me just in time. "Woah (Y/N), a little more warning next time!" He muttered, pressing his nose into my hair. "I know you could've handled the fall, but don't scare me like that."
    I chuckled softly, "It's still all so new— you blatantly caring about me like this."
    "Do you not like it?"
    "I never said... that." I smiled lightly up at Tedros and wrapped my arms around his neck, pressing our foreheads together. We attempted to stare each other down, but soon a smile cracked across my face, then his seconds after. I tilted my head up and connected our lips. After a few seconds, I smiled into the kiss and mumbled, "Why didn't I say yes the first time. You're a good kisser."
    "Guess I'm a natural then because you were actually my first kiss." Tedros chuckled, still not quite breaking the kiss. 
    I finally pulled away, "Really? With all of these princesses fawning over you, that's not what I would have expected." I paused, "You were mine too."
    "So, Lady (Y/N)," Ted jokingly smirked at me, "Are you excited for your first ball?"
    "I'm not exactly looking forward to dressing up, but otherwise, yeah." I smiled a little, then it dropped, "Also... I... um... Idontknowhowtodance." I rushed out. I was going to a ball with a prince, and I didn't know how to dance— that was really embarrassing, and I didn't want to mess up this awesome new thing that I had found with Ted.
    "Come again?"
    I sighed, "Ted... I... don't know how to dance. Since I was so 'anti-princess' back in Gavaldon, I refused to learn. So... you're taking a girl who doesn't know how to dance to the biggest ball of the year."
    "Well, actually it's not the biggest— there's a festival in Camelot every summer to celebrate the growing season... it's less fancy than the Snow Ball, but it's a bigger deal." Tedros laughed. "You'd love it. But, anyway— I could teach you to dance."
    "You really want to sacrifice your toes to me? I haven't really tried- but I am not graceful."
    "Have you seen yourself sword fight? That's graceful. Besides, you can't do that much damage to my feet."
    "I will prove it to you. You will eat those words."
    "Oh yeah?"
    "Yep," I smirked, leaning closer.
    "Prove it then." He grabbed one of my hands and placed his other arm around my waist.
    "What are you doing?"
    "I said I would teach you to dance, didn't I? Lesson one. Put your other hand on my shoulder." I complied, "Alright, now luckily, you get the easy part. Just, follow my lead. This is a waltz- you take one, two, and... three steps." Tedros led me around the garden, demonstrating as he talked. "This is the basic step, now there are other parts to the dance such as a... spin!" He grinned and lifted my arm over our heads and I spun around, stumbling a little bit.
    "Is that all?"
    Tedros smirked, "Not quite." I found myself letting out a sound that came somewhere between a shriek and a laugh as Ted put both hands on my waist and lifted me up, spinning a little before setting me back down. "Those are some of the basics, but if anything else comes up, play along— I'll get you through it. Wanna try a full dance?"
    "But there's no music?"
    Tedros waved it off, "We don't need music." We got back into the original position he showed me for waltzing. I followed Ted's lead around the garden, occasionally spinning or being lifted up (never quite got used to that one, I would still shriek/laugh every time.) I did better than I thought I would have on the first try, but I was right in knowing that Tedros' feet would suffer. I stepped on them multiple times (I stopped counting after seven) he would wince, but then reassure me with a smile.
    "I think you're getting it!" Tedros laughed, after I had gone five minutes while successfully not stepping on his feet. We were whirling around the garden full speed now, and laughing like idiots the whole time. He pressed his lips to mine quickly, then pulled away. I hummed, discontented. He chuckled.
    "Teddddddddd," I whined, dragging out his name, "don't tease me."
    "Tease you? You mean like... this?" Tedros kissed the corner of my mouth, pulled away and backed up a few steps. I huffed and lunged at him, he started laughing and danced away. This game of cat and mouse continued for a few minutes, ending with both of us in hysterical laughter. I finally caught him (Ted would like to say he let me, but that's a lie) and punched his arm.
    "Jerk."
    "He—" I cut him off by kissing him properly this time. His hand going to my hair, and my arms wrapping around his neck. When we pulled away, Ted had the biggest grin on his face. He started to say something, but purple smoke floated out into the garden.
    "Will you KEEP. IT. DOWN!" A voice shouted through the smoke. A tall, narrow figure started to emerge. I couldn't see any facial features because the figure was wearing strange-looking goggles and a bandanna around their nose and mouth.
    While this new figure was mildly intimidating, my curiosity got the better of me and I asked, "What spell did you use for the smoke? That's got to be some pretty advanced magic..."
    That seemed to enrage the figure. "MAGIC?! I DO NOT WORK WITH MAGIC!"
    Crap.