Conversations in the Garden

A/N: Hey! It's me again, thanks for over 400 reads!
   I laid on my bed waiting for the next five minute interval to pass. I had been checking the balcony every few minutes, waiting for Tedros to appear in the garden about his parents. I had found a rope that was long enough to tie to my balcony and swing down safely. Turns out the door I had seen earlier was the door to Tedros' room.
Then suddenly, "(Y/N)!" He had come out into the garden, and whisper-shouted my name.
  "Coming!" I whispered back. I grabbed the rope, said a little prayer that I wouldn't fall, and swung myself over the edge of my balcony. Luckily, my grip on the rope was strong enough to get me safely over the garden. Unluckily, the rope was shorter than I predicted, and once I was hanging completely still, there was still a nearly 10 foot drop to the ground. Hypothetically, I could safely fall the rest of the way, but I didn't want to sprain my ankle, or worse break a bone.
Tedros, seeing my situation positioned himself under me.
"(Y/N), you can drop... I promise I'll catch you." There was a lot of flaws in that plan, first, would I really do a trust fall from this high with a guy I met today? Second, relying on a boy, a prince at that, made me feel like just another weak princess. See my problem?
Overall, I did want to trust Tedros. He was the only friend I had so far, and I didn't want to jeopardize that. So I swallowed my pride and let go of the rope. In the millisecond I was falling, my mind started playing with me, saying 'he's not gonna catch you, idiot'. Then, with a small thump I successfully landed in Tedros' arms. A blush crept across my face, I passed it off as discomfort from having to act like a princess, as I scrambled out of the compromising position.
Dusting myself off, I thanked Tedros for catching me. For a second I thought I saw a similar shade of red on his face. Again I dismissed it.
  "So, what did you want to talk about?" I asked, looking up at Tedros, who was slightly taller than me.
"You? That probably sounds creepy, but you had EVERYONE fooled until you revealed yourself." He ran a hand through his hair, "I want to know more about the girl who isn't a princess, the girl who I consider an equal."
"Oh, I don't think it's that creepy." (Y/N) replied, a small smile spreading across her face, after a minute of semi-comfortable silence, she mumbled, "Well? Are you going to ask me something?"
"Ok...let's see, I know your name is (Y/N), I know you're the reader from 'the woods beyond', and I know you are NO common princess from Good. Why?" Tedros finished.
"Why what?"
"Why aren't you a princess?"
"Ok, so I was raised in a village called Gavaldon, we all had these books of fairy tales. The princesses in those stories fascinated the other girls, but not me. I found them vain and weak. Do you know what a princess without a prince is called? DEAD.
So, I learned to defend myself, and started helping anyone I could." I recounted my encounter with the bear,
"Soon the town started calling me a hero. Not everyone liked me though. You know Sophie? The girl in Evil who looks like she should be a princess?
She and her little gang of followers would torment me. The rest of the town didn't notice this though, believing Sophie was a perfect little angel. Honestly it's a relief to be away from her, she's got to be SO mad I'm in Good." I finished my little rant and turned away, looking down.
"Wow, (Y/N), I-I'm glad you told me. Looking at you I would have had NO idea you were hurting. I don't want to drop my emotional baggage on you, but I have some home problems too. My mother, Guinevere, left my father for that odious knight, Lancelot. My father fell into a depressive state after that, he believe Guinevere was his 'true love'. It got progressively worse and now he-he, my father i-is...HE'S GONE!" (Wow I actually got kinda really sad writing this) With this, Tedros, who I had seen as such a strong, unbreakable person, broke down. Shoulders heaving with sobs, he crumpled onto his knees. I could tell he hated talking about his family, and wondered what had made him open up to me. Turning my attention towards the broken boy on the ground, I knelt beside him.
  In an attempt at consolation, I started rubbing small circles on his back, remembering a song my mother used to sing when Sophie and her crew had cut particularly deep that day, I started to hum softly. Tedros seemed to relax just a little at this, so I switched to the words,
  You're broken down and tired
    Of living life on a merry go round
And you can't find the fighter
   But I see it in you so we gonna walk it out
      And move mountains
      We gonna walk it out
      And move mountains
Tedros' sobs had stifled into quieter cries.
           And I'll rise up
        I'll rise like the day
             I'll rise up
          I'll rise unafraid
             I'll rise up
And I'll do it a thousand times again
           And I'll rise up
       High like the waves
             I'll rise up
       In spite of the ache
            I'll rise up
   And I'll do it a thousands times again
              For you
              For you
              For you
              For you
  When the silence isn't quiet
  And it feels like it's getting hard to breathe
    And I know you feel like dying
  But I promise we'll take the world to its feet
      And move mountains
      We'll take it to its feet
      And move mountains
          And I'll rise up
       I'll rise like the day
             I'll rise up
         I'll rise unafraid
            I'll rise up
    And I'll do it a thousand times again
               For you
               For you
               For you
               For you
  All we need, all we need is hope
   And for that we have each other
             We will rise
             We will rise
          We'll rise, oh oh
               We'll rise
              I'll rise up
         Rise like the day
              I'll rise up
       In spite of the ache
  I will rise a thousands times again
By this point Tedros's sobs had quieted, but he still sat there on his knees in silence.
          And we'll rise up
        Rise like the waves
            We'll rise up
       In spite of the ache
            We'll rise up
  And we'll do it a thousand times again
    For you oh oh oh oh oh
    For you oh oh oh oh oh..."
  I paused, letting the message sink in, as I sung the last words something unexpected happened.
"For you." Came a raspy voice, in sync with mine.
I looked over and straight into two bright blue eyes.
"How do you know that song?" I asked.
"My mother used to sing it to me, before everything." Tedros said, looking at the ground.
"Mine too." I lightly grabbed his shoulder and turned him so he was facing me. An air of familiarity hung around us. A small smile grew on his face, then he lunged forward and wrapped his arms around me. I returned the hug a second later.
"Thank you." Tedros whispered into my shoulder.
"I-I'm not sure if this is the wrong time to ask, but are we...friends?" I hoped the answer was yes, I didn't really have friends back home.
"Of course, (Y/N)." He replied. Out of happiness, I tightened my arms in the embrace.
  After a few minutes of just sitting there with my first real friend, I pulled away.
  "It's getting really late, I should get back up there, you should get to bed too, we have class tomorrow." With that I backed up, started running full tilt, and leaped up to grab the rope. I got hold of it and started the climb back to my room.
  I waved over the edge of the balcony to signal goodnight. That night I went to bed with a smile on my face.
A/N: Ta-da! That got really sad then I tried to lighten it up. The song is Rise Up by Andra Day. Thank you to everyone who has commented or voted! Keep doing that! It lets me know I can keep updating! See you in the next chapter.