Prophecy

Ever since the Snow Ball, I had been getting dirty looks from all of the Evers, not just Beatrix. Even though they were all scared of her, they were still jealous. I didn't really mind. I only really saw them during Beautification and free time, where I was almost always with Ted so they backed off. Sophie, however, had no shame and would come screeching across the courtyard until her witch roomates, Hester, Anadil, and Dot, came to pull her away. They didn't particularly like me either, they just weren't in the mood to deal with Sophie.
    I was lost in thought until a hand on my shoulder scared me out of my stupor. I turned around glaring. "What do you wa— oh Ted, hi." My expression softened.
    The idiot was just standing there, smiling like a dork. He pulled me closer, spun me around, and put his arms around me. People were definitely staring.
    I weakly attempted to escape, "Ted," I laughed, "what are you doing? People are watching?"
    He finally let go and gave me a half-smile, "Aren't I allowed to show my girl some affection in public?" He asked, pretending to be hurt by my statement.
           "Your girl?" I asked, trying to hide a smile, "When did we decide on that?"
            Tedros turned a little bit pink, "Oh, well, I thought it sounded fitting? Umm, I don't have to say that if you don't like it... I'm sorry, that was—" I started laughing.
            "Ted calm down, I don't mind it... it's rather endearing!" I leaned into his shoulder, "But now this means I need to think of another nickname... I got nothing right now... I'll figure it out!"
             A large explosion racked the courtyard, "I'M OKAY!!!"
             "Blaise?"
             "Yep," groaned Tedros, "It's a miracle he hasn't blown up the bloody dorms yet! Just because he's the son of Merlin..."
              "He's not so bad?" I tried hesitantly.
              Tedros scoffed, but I could hear the start of a laugh, "Well, you don't have to live with him."
    I rolled my eyes, "If he blows up your dorm, he'll probably blow up mine." Another explosion. "I hope he doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night."
    "Go find him, get him to knock if off?"
    "Yep." We set off, arm in arm, to find the son of Merlin and hopefully not get blown up.
    Eventually, we found Blaise crouched by the edge of the Ever side of Halfway Bay, green bangs giving him away immediately.
    "Hey guys!" He exclaimed, looking happy to see us. When the only response he got was a flat expression from Tedros, his smile dropped a bit. "What's up?"
    "It sounds like the school is under attack, do you mind?" I asked.
    Blaise's eyes flashed pure white for a second and he mumbled, "Not yet, (Y/N)." They returned to normal.
    "I'm sorry what?" Tedros asked, putting a hand on my shoulder protectively. "Who is going to attack the school?" The tension in his voice was rising.
    "Attack?" Blaise looked confused.
    "You just said—"
    "Oh no. Oh no no nonono." Blaise started panicking. "Someone's going to attack the school. This always happens when I have a bad prediction, I forget whatever I said. It's like my brain's natural defense mechanism." 
    "Okay, okay... do you know when this is gonna happen?" I asked, feeling nervous.
    Blaise thought for a second, "Unfortunately...no." Tedros growled and reached for his sword, Blaise's eyes went big, "Wait! I can tell it will happen before the end of the year! Please put that down!" he squeaked.
    "Great so sometime between now and going home, some unknown force is going to attack the school, and we have no idea how to stop it." I groaned, running my hands through my hair.
    A loud bell toll sounded throughout the courtyard. "Well, I've got to go- Beautification, ugh. See you, Blaise. Talk to me later, okay Ted?"
             "Of course, garden?"
             "See you there!" I kissed his cheek and walked off.
***
    I strolled into Beautification just as the bell rang, seeing the princesses waiting eagerly for whatever menial, boring lesson was waiting for us. When they saw me, the smiles turned to glares.
    "Sorry ladies, I didn't bring Ted with me." I teased, I turned, "Hello, Professor Anemone."
    She smiled lightly, "Hello (Y/N)! Please take your seat. Girls calm down, we're going to start."
            I went and sat down, flashing all the Evers a genuine smile, with a hint of a smirk hidden underneath. Professor Anemone started teaching, I was only half paying attention as usual- just enough to be able to answer questions. Her voice and the lesson faded into the background as I waited out the hours until classes were over.
***
           I decided to go out to the garden a little bit early, because it had a good view of the sunset over Halfway Bay. I was sitting peacefully when I felt a hand on my shoulder, out of impulse I grabbed on and twisted so my 'attacker's arm was at a painful angle.
    "Ah—ow! (Y/N)! It's just me!!! What did you expect!" Tedros whisper-yelled, trying to get his arm out of my grasp.
    My eyes widened and I let go, "Oops, sorry Ted! Just on high alert since earlier with Blaise. I want to be ready for this supposed attack. And it's not just for me... what if you get hurt? Or anybody innocent for that matter. I don't know how I would live with myself if I can't save everyone." I sighed, "I know I'm probably being stupid—"
    "Hey, you're not being stupid. You have every right to be worried, but you also need to know that I'm not going anywhere. Whenever this mysterious attack happens, I promise I'll be right by your side the whole time. If I'm being honest, I trust you with my life— I hope you'll trust me with yours." Tedros grabbed my hand causing me to look at him.
    "Oh Ted, of course I do. And I know you can protect yourself, just you mean a lot to me, and..." I trailed off, leaning back onto Tedros's shoulder, and he laid his head down on mine.
    "I know, I know. You're the best thing that's happened to me all year. The idea of losing you is just, impossible. I swear we're gonna be okay. Both of us."
    I felt him kiss the top of my head lightly, and then move so he could stand up. Ted extended his hand to help me up. Once I was on my feet he lightly yanked my arm causing me to fall into him. He threw his arms around me, I hugged back immediately.
    "You and me against the world."
    "You know it, Ted."

FINALLY!!! IM BACK GUYS!!!! Thank you all SO MUCH for the RIDICULOUS amount of support this has been getting recently! To be fair this is totally a fluff chapter but I really like it so.. oh well! Hopefully I'll be able to start updating a little more frequently! See you in the next chapter!
-Jenna