The Snow Ball

A/N: So I got a message saying that the chapter order was messed up- which is why I'm publishing again- the reads and votes etc will be messed up because I deleted all the authors note chapters. So thanks for your patience.
Time was flying, I didn't anticipate how soon the Snow Ball and the halfway point of the year would come.  I had about an hour and a half to get ready and I was panicking a little because my 'dress armor' as I had taken to calling it was somehow missing. Apparently magically replaced by about thirty different ballgowns. Ew. But, I couldn't show up in just my uniform, so I spent the next fifteen minutes digging through the obnoxious layers of frills and fabric, trying to find the simplest dress. Luckily, there was an A-line dress with a blue to silver glittering ombre on the bodice and a navy blue tulle skirt with ruffles going down it. It was simple, yet elegant, and if I had to go wearing an actual ballgown, it was the only one I was going to deal with. I slipped the dress over my head and struggled around the room trying to zip it up. Eventually, I managed to get ahold of the zipper and pull it up. I walked over to the side of my bed and picked up the pair of sparkling silver ankle boots that I had chosen to go with it.
    I am terrible at doing hair since I never did it as a kid because I found it demeaning and princessy, but I had to do something to it, so I wrote, (Y/N)'s hair magically pulled itself into (Your choice of hairstyle). I read the words out loud and my hair started twisting into the hairstyle I had chosen. I opted not to use much makeup, only adding a bit of mascara and some subtle eyeliner. As much as I hated it, I felt really good, I couldn't WAIT to see the look on Beatrix's stupid face! I had a few more minutes before I was supposed to meet Tedros downstairs so I looked in the mirror. Something was missing... I looked around my room, aha! I grabbed my sword and scabbard and strapped them to my side. There we go. I felt amazing!
    I walked down the stairs calmly. Tedros was looking down at the ground, but when he looked up there was a look of absolute awe on his face. I blushed and looked at my hands which were fiddling with the handle of my sword. "Hey" I said softly, arriving at the bottom of the steps.
    "Hi," He replied, I took in what he was wearing, a midnight blue vest over an ice blue longsleeved shirt. Dark grey pants, black boots and a navy blue cape swirled around his shoulders. He looked like a king. "You look... beautiful." He said, smiling lightly.
    "You look great too." I replied, grinning back.
    "Shall we?"
    "Yes, let's." We both broke into laughter over the ridiculously formal wording. Tedros offered over his arm and I wrapped mine around it. We grinned at each other one more time and headed briskly towards the ballroom on the first floor of the castle housing the School for Good. Music and laughter were echoing throughout the hall as we approached. I was suddenly much more nervous than I had been coming down the stairs. Then, I was only with Ted, but now? Now, I had to show 'ballroom (Y/N)' to the rest of the Evers.
    Before we reached the doors to enter the ballroom, Tedros stopped abruptly and pulled me to the side. "Hey, are you alright?"
    "Yeah—" I answered too quickly, my voice about an octave higher than usual. I cleared my throat, and tried again, "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I looked down at the ground, ashamed.
    "No, you're not. It's okay. I know you're nervous about your first ball, but I'm going to be right here by your side all night." He placed his hand under my chin and gently lifted it so I was looking at him. "I promise, you'll be great."
    "Thank you." I whispered, a small smile crossing my lips.
    "Ready?"
    "As I'll ever be." I took a deep breath and grabbed Tedros's hand, gripping it tightly. We pushed open the doors and as we entered the ballroom, silence spread throughout the room. Every eye was fixated on us. I squeezed Ted's hand harder, and took a step back. Whispers started swirling around.
    "All night remember?" Tedros whispered. "I'm right here." He signaled for the orchestra to start playing again, and swept us to the very middle of the room. I looked around nervously. Tedros put a hand on my cheek and pulled my gaze back to his. "Eyes on me, okay? It's just us tonight. Forget about them, they don't matter." The music started back up and we started to dance, eyes locked on each other. At first my movements were stiff and nervous, but as I stared into Tedros's eyes, I started becoming more comfortable and leaned my head on his chest.
    "This isn't bad," I hummed, looking back up at him, smiling a little.
    "I told you that you'd be fine, was I right? Or was I right?" He chuckled.
    I rolled my eyes playfully, and sighed, "You were right."
    "You're doing great."
    "Rea—" I stopped mid-word as the orchestra picked up the tempo of the music creating a more bouncy tune. "Ooh! Now this is what I'm talking about!" I pulled everything away from Ted except for one hand. "Dance with me, Ted!"
    "Wasn't I already?"
    "Just do it!" He complied and started swinging us around, both laughing like maniacs. Occasionally, he'd stop and twirl me around, but there was no set routine to this dance and we were making it up as we went. I barely noticed a circle of the rest of the Evers— who didn't dance this way, because they found it too informal— surrounding us, just standing and staring.
    Too soon, the upbeat melody of the previous song faded back into a traditional waltz, making the rest of the Evers far too happy. I slumped ever so slightly and Tedros picked up on it.
    "Are you alright?" He grabbed both of my hands holding them up.
    "That was so much fun, I just wish it didn't end."
    "I think we've made our impression, do you want to go up to the garden?"
    "Yeah, I'd like that." I stood on my toes and kissed him on the cheek. We made our way back to our separate dorms (as we had agreed to change out of the stifling ball attire).
    Soon, all traces of the ball had gone away, leaving me in a pair of light blue pajamas. I swung down the rope and did the whole 'drop from the rope and have Tedros catch me' routine. Once I was solidly on the ground, I smiled and looked up at Ted, he was also wearing his pajamas.
    "Hi."
    "Hey," He smiled, "I'm sorry that the ball didn't quite go the way you wanted."
    "It's alright, watch this." I quietly scribbled some words on my arm and read them aloud. The bouncy music from the ball started playing again. Tedros laughed and bowed playfully, I curtsied back and he grabbed my hand and we started dancing again. Laughter echoed out of the tower as we danced the night away.    
    What felt like hours, even though it was probably only a few minutes later, I let go of Tedros, which confused him, but then practically tackled him in a hug. He chuckled, and quickly kissed me. "Having fun?"
    "This is so much better than that stupid ball." I said.
    "I didn't mind it so much."
    "Oh really? Why?"
    "Because I was with you."
    I smiled and Tedros and I kissed again, longer this time. The music was still playing and we spent the night dancing, kissing, and cuddling under the stars.
A/N: The Snow Ball has arrived! This is majorly a fluff/filler chapter, but I wanted to include it because it's cute! Also, I really hate when stories have tons of authors notes and I know I did that at first, so I'm rewriting those parts to be chapters, so if the order is suddenly off, don't be alarmed! See y'all at the next one,
Jenna