The Theater of Tales Pt. 1

A/N: Back to back updates? Yes. Do I have anything better to do? No...(0.0) BTW unless I say it's not this is always your POV
   My first day of class was... interesting, to say the least. The girls in my first hour Beautification class were confused when the (R/H/C) haired, (R/E/C) eyed girl never showed up in any of their other classes. Then the boys, well they were confused by the fencing mask, none of them were issued one. They were jealous and in awe of the deadly grace I moved with while using a sword.
  I quickly gained a reputation as sarcastic and a loner. If talked to, I would respond and I would answer in class if I could, but I had decided not to make any friends until I had revealed myself so no one could get any false ideas about me.
  Rumors spread like wildfire, each a different theory about me. When I passed in hallways, I'd hear whispers follow me,
"Is that the reader?"
"Beatrix said that the reader was a girl though, that's a boy's uniform!"
"Since when do you believe Beatrix on anything?"
"I heard that there's a girl living with the boys, but no one knows."
  That last one was a little too close to being true. I ever-so-slightly picked up my pace. I was heading to my last class, Swordplay.
  As it was the first day and the grading system had not been explained, our instructor decided to have a little tournament, a simple bracket where victors would play each other until there was a final two, a final victor wouldn't be crowned, as the top two would enter the Theater of Tales last during the Everboy entry spectacle.
  There were five rounds to get to the top sixth round where the victors would be identified. I beat out my first four rounds easily,(I don't feel like writing every round and making up names) then my fifth competitor gave me a run for my money, a boy named Chaddick.
  When the instructor gave us the signal to begin, he used his slight height advantage and took an aggressive swing, carrying all his momentum. Noticing this I dodged the swing and slid under his feet, creating a spray of the soft sand in the sparring pit. Jumping back to my feet, I gained the offensive position. Chaddick whirled around, not wanting to lose this easily. We danced around the arena, blades engaged in a deadly tango. After parrying a strike, I noticed a weak point in his defense and pushed all I had into that place, all while not creating any openings in my own blocking. I drove my blade into the hilt of his and twisted, breaking his grip, making him drop his sword. I pushed my blade to his neck, just hard enough to assert my dominance. The instructor called out that I had won. I had made it into the top two, this would definitely be a spectacle now.
  I heard cheering and looked out figuring the other victor had been crowned. It was a boy with curled sandy blonde hair, and cerulean blue eyes. A bright, genuine smile danced across his features. He looked at me and nodded, his smile never fading.
  The instructor walked over and jerked our hands up in the air.
  "Give a round of applause for your victors  Tedros Pendragon, and (G/N/N)-Gender-neutral nickname-(L/N)!"
There were cheers and hollers for both names. Then a voice I now recognized as Chaddick's called out,
"Let them have one last match, let Ted pound 'im."
  Evidently he was sore about losing. The instructor nodded in agreement , figuring they still had a few minutes. Tedros, accepting, drew his sword and smirked at me. Pulling out my own sword, I expertly twirled the blade matching his smirk with one of my own.
In a sudden swirl of steel, Tedros launched at me, what was with these boys and attacking first? He didn't make the same mistake as Chaddick and carry all his momentum though, so I had to defend without dodging. Clashing again and again, we fought viciously, neither one of us wanting to give in. Steel on steel, sparks flying, sand spraying, it was the most impressive sword fight most of the boys had ever seen. I started getting a little tired, I hadn't planned for the last match, my guard dropped ever so slightly, Tedros noticed this and exploited it. Leaving my sword on the ground, and Tedros holding his sword to my throat, much too close to my face. My breath hitched just a little, and when the instructor laughed and said that our match was over, Tedros backed away, giving me my personal space.
"Good match, (L/N)." Tedros said,
with a similar smile to the one he had earlier. He extended a hand to shake.
"As to you Pendragon," mimicking the use of last names, "It's nice to know someone in this school stands a chance against me." I added jokingly, shaking his hand back, returning the smile.
Time Skip to Outside the                      Theater!
Today was the day! I was finally going to prove the rumors correct, there WAS a girl with a boy schedule, and MAN was I going to make an entrance. I was finally going to show my REAL face without a fencing mask covering it.
We were on our way to the Theater of Tales, the side for the Good students was decorated with pink and blue pews, crystal friezes, and glittering bouquets of glass flowers. The pink pews were filled in with Evergirls, the blue ones were empty. Once all of the Nevers had filed in with the Evergirls, the Everboys alongside me were waiting to make our entrance, the boys' faces were uncovered, but I had a wire covered fencing mask on mine, nobody knew who I was.
As we both won the tournament, I was paired with Tedros, he was apparently the son of King Arthur, we were meant to enter last, just when they thought the spectacle was over.
"You ready?" Tedros asked me. I knew I would shock him so I replied, masking my voice, "Are you?"
The other boys had entered and everything had settled, it was our turn. We kicked the doors open and started our fight. We had made it about halfway down the aisle, when I ripped off my mask.
Ta-da!!! Longest chapter yet! Also, cliffhanger, ooooooo. So please tell me what you think and vote if you find it worth it! I have part of the next chapter planned out so it should be up soon!