The Truth Hurts

Dad's Saturday was spent cleaning the messes of the living room and by the front door with the help of Arrie and Ashton. There being too many shirtless guys for my liking, I vanished to the kitchen to clean that area where I was far away from the three. The kitchen didn't involve me having to lift heavy things so I got it done pretty quickly and treated myself to a nice lunch without offering the guys anything. After I was done I felt the need to stand in the living room and supervise things, but instantly felt like I was in the way and my eyes felt victimized by Ashton and Arrie's shirtless bodies.

So, I lied in my bed with my head slightly dangling off the edge while my legs were straight up in the air. I kicked my legs back and forth and wiggled my feet to pass time, I just wanted the day to be over. I couldn't find anything to occupy myself with. My room was clean, my homework was finished in class, and Saturday television bored me to death. Michael and Luke were still nursing hangovers and neither wanted to get out of bed which felt more like they didn't want to hang out, but whatever. I tried to convince myself that I had better things to do than hang out with fake friends, who only spoke to me when it was convenient for themselves.

I figured it would be a good idea to organize Sam's room, but with older brothers it was also a scary thing to rummage through their belongings because you never knew what you would find. I wasn't in the mood to be scarred by finding the wrong thing because I wanted to do something nice and not have Arrie live in Sam's clutter anymore.

Finally accepting that I couldn't control time, I sat up and huffed, blowing pieces of hair from my face in the process. Impeccable clockwork meant my phone rang at the same time I sat up like I was being watched and whoever was watching me knew I was too lazy to walk across my bedroom to get my phone. Two more rings convinced me to get up and check the phone.

Three texts from Calum. I was never close to him to have his number nor was he close to me to have mine though he managed to get it through Simone who asked Paola who asked Lydia and Lydia gave my phone number up right away.

Calum 2:59pm: Hey it's Calum

Calum 2:59pm: I got your number from Lydia

Calum 2:59pm: Or I had to go through some people to get your number from her.

Sage 3:01pm: Just the person I wanted to text me

Calum 3:01pm: Funny

Calum 3:03pm: Thanks for the money...I can't thank you enough for that. I'm donating some of the money to the school church and I just used some to order you pizza from Albert's. It'll be there in thirty minutes.

I wasn't in the mood for Albert's, but Dad, Arrie, and Ashton likely would be. Men were always hungry creatures.

I locked my phone tossing it to my bed, deciding that I would tell Calum I never got any sort of text from him and that I never received a pizza. I was all for disappointing overindulged boys like Calum. The spoiled and selfish types were always fun to stress and it was fun to make them feel like they were not that great. I mean, truthfully they weren't and someone had to remind them.

A pesky envelope with my name on it caught my attention when I sat at my desk to take a few more shots at the English paper I had worked myself up over. I rarely got any mail, so an envelope was truly a foreign object to me. I had tossed the envelope on my desk after snatching it from Arrie and convincing him it was something completely different than it most likely was. I wanted to ignore whatever it was for as long as I possibly could. Though, the longer I ignored it, the more nervous I grew about it. I didn't want to become obsessed with it either.

I messily pried open the envelope, making something fly out of it and leaving me with only a single piece of card stock that was trimmed down to the size of a normal business card that said: