Suspension

I was a bit timid to return back to school after Christmas break. Ashton never replied back to my text, he never came to my front door to talk to me, so I was beginning to think I actually fucked up this time and I waited too long. So stepping into school, I felt like my legs were going to give out because I was so nervous to face Ashton. I tried my best to put on a brave face, ignoring the anxiety and focusing on Luke, Michael, and Arrie, laughing away with them like I had not a care in the world until Calum stormed up to us at our lockers, looking angry as ever.

"Which one of you said something?"

"Calum, it's the first day back. Chill out." I breathily laughed, surprised at Calum's morning outburst. He had to have gone to sleep extra early in order to be lashing out so early. Calum rarely spoke to anyone before 8:30 in the morning.

"One of you told the entire school my family secrets." He pointed a finger at Michael, directing his angry finger towards each of us, giving us a scowl that none of us could take seriously.

I kind of wanted to jump for joy because it was finally happening. Michael's life long dream was finally coming true, but none of us could give away that it was us.

I wasn't exactly sure what Michael did to spread the word around school, but I had a feeling Michael might've done something with an email. It was very likely and obviously something Michael would do. It was bizarre this was happening now after Michael said he was getting over what happened years ago and how friendly him and Calum were acting at Lydia's lake house.

"Suck an ass, Calum." Luke groaned, childishly shaking his body about like he was ready to throw himself on the floor.

"What Luke said." Michael nodded over to Luke.

"Get over yourself, Calum." I poked my tongue at the inside of my cheek, searching every group of students that would pass for Ashton, but that familiar head of hair was nowhere to be seen and it wasn't like Ashton was someone that you could miss either. Maybe my eye sight was just really bad this morning.

"It was you, wasn't it?" Calum harshly poked my shoulder.

"Nope, I have no interest in ruining a life like yours." Calum was just there for me, just like Reuben.

"Sage Sirois, please report to the principal's office." Mr. Harris's voice spoke through the intercom. Everyone around me was staring in my direction and it was gross. Yes. Gross.

"It was you, Arrie!" I heard Calum accuse the innocent man.

"You wish." Arrie scoffed as I walked away.

I brushed off the uncomfortable stares of every student as I passed them by. At school, no one knew how to mind their own business. In a few groups I heard Calum's name being mentioned and I knew Michael would be satisfied that this was finally happening and people were actually paying attention to it.

"You called me in?" I threw myself down on one of the chairs in front the principal's desk, dropping my backpack at my feet and grabbing a mint to eat later after lunch.

"Yes, please sit down, Miss Sirois." Mr. Harris said nervously when he realized that I had already sat down. He actually had a hard time reprimanding the students, sometimes he wouldn't even show up to school when he knew bad things were happening because he hated scolding kids. It wasn't in his veins. "A few things have come to my attention."

"Like what?"

"These photographs were mailed in by an anonymous tip." A manila folder was slid across his desk.

"Okay..."

The gut-wrenching feeling of something so bad being before your eyes never impacted me so badly.