Sam

Get this story to 1k comments and I'll update again.

I vaguely recalled French toast and knife, those being my last two memories before I fell asleep on a couch that was not as comfortable as the one in my living room. Three hours of sleep wasn't on my agenda, it never was, but it would have to do the trick for this beloved Friday. But as any Friday, things were not going well right off the bat. I was only awake at the hour of - I squinted my tired eyes to catch the time on the cable box ahead - 5:00 am was because of a baby crying. In my case, it was all too rare for me to hear such a thing because I didn't know anyone right off the top of my head that had a baby nearby. I swung my legs over the edge of the couch, groaning due to how greatly dizzy I felt from not getting enough sl- The baby was Lily.

Lily!

Slap me over the head and award me with the award of being the worst pretend-mother in the world. How could I forget about her?! Oh my God. This was probably Sage Essentials - Number two. Don't have a child because you'd forget about it. Essential number one was: Don't wear any type of pant that would create a wedgie. There was an entire list of things - do's and don't's - that Michael and Luke had written when we were fifteen. I couldn't find the paper though.

My attempt to run up the stairs was an attempt exceptionally failed as I jammed my toes into the leg of a table nearby that should clearly not have been in my way. I hopped around on one foot while gripping my toes on the other and wincing about in pain. I guess with fate like mine the table only served as a second wake up call to make me more alert and punish me at the same time for forgetting about Lily.

"Ashton?" I called out, carefully climbing up the stairs.

Something about the football practice schedule fucking up everyone's sleeping habits meant that they were sort of connected, they all awoke at the same time every morning, practice or not. So, calling out for Ashton while the shower was running was not my smartest move because he most likely drowned everything out.

"Ashton, where is Lily?" I swung open the bathroom door because Amateur Ashton has no sense of locking doors.

I waved my hand in front of my face, clearing out the steam that lingered in the bathroom.

Ashton's hair dripped water from the ends and he had a towel hugging his hips and this would probably be the opening scene of a porno that Luke might've shown Michael and I that Luke wanted to reenact with someone.

"You left her with me on purpose yesterday, so I locked her in my mum's study and left her there to be your wake up call for the morning." He flashed a fake smile, bringing up another towel, but a smaller one, to dry his hair with. He turned to mirror, wiping it clean of fog. "Are you just going to stare at the back of me or are you going to get naked?"

I snatched the smaller towel from Ashton, whacking him twice on the back with it. "Bring me Lily."

"If you ask nicely and give me the towel back I'll consider getting Lily."

I whacked him again but on the back of the head. "Get me Lily or I swear to God I will tell everyone you jacked off to Mrs. Coco next door." Mrs. Coco was a seventy-five-year-old woman who took pride in her body even years later and walked around her house naked with all of the blinds open. The people who lived in this house before Ashton and his mom would always complain about it and even took it to measures of claiming she was the reason they left the area.

"I'm sure nothing would stop you from telling everyone anyway. After you exposed myself and Margarita, I don't think I should trust you." Ashton faced me, leaning against the counter and staring at me with a snarl.