Chapter 31

Lucius sat in the bushes watching as Draco walked over to the swings and sat down on one of them, rocking back and forth picking at his fingernails. His bright blond hair stood out from the darkness, illuminating his face for Lucius to see.

He, Lucius had noticed, changed a lot since he was last home. Since he had a hatred for Harry Potter, and ever since he started his eighth year at Hogwarts he seemed to be moving further and further away from what Lucius wanted him to be.

Still crouched down, Lucius slowly drew his wand and brushed his long hair from his face. He stood up and quietly stepped through the bushes, taking slow strides towards his son. He wondered at this moment what Draco was thinking about; maybe if he knew it would make his job easier.

"You're a disappointment in more than one way, Draco." Lucius spoke, standing behind Draco now.

Startled, Draco jumped up from the swing and drew his wand as well, turning quickly to face his father. At the sight of his long hair and sallow face, Draco's breathing quickened and he looked around, fear taking its place in his mind.

"What are you doing here?" Draco said, voice slightly shaking.

Lucius smiled. "You won't be needing that," he said, looking at Draco's wand. "Expelliarmus!"

"Father, what do you want from me?" Draco said, staggering backwards and tripping over his feet. Lucius stepped closer to him so he was now standing over Draco, staring down at him in disgust.

"I didn't want to believe you actually agreed to come...but like I said. Disappointment."

"I-but how did you know?" Draco said.

Lucius sneered at him. "Who knew you could be so stupid? It must be rubbing off on you, spending so much time with Potter. I wrote the letter, Draco. That school teaches you rubbish and makes you think you can be...Well now I have to fix it."

Lucius bent down and grabbed Draco, who flinched at the movement. He held tightly onto Draco's upper arm and led him into the woods behind the park. Now, standing in the middle of trees and dirt, Lucius pushed Draco to the ground and pointed his wand directly at his torso.

"Let's have some fun, shall we? Crucio!"

***

"I haven't seen him, Hermione, I've told you that ten times." Harry said, sitting in front of the fireplace. 

"Maybe he's sick. Have you checked the hospital wing?"

Draco has been missing from school for nearly a week now. At first, everyone was just thinking that he was staying in bed recovering from a cold. But it's been too long now and nobody's heard from him. 

It was Thursday night; the last time Harry saw Draco was early Monday morning. After he showed Ron and Hermione the note, the three of them walked to IRS together (they were late) and since then they've had no idea where Draco went.

Harry swallowed, but his mouth was dry. "No, I checked there everyday."

"Maybe we should go ask Blaise and Pansy." Ron suggested.

Harry shook his head. "Hermione's asked them a hundred times. I told you guys, no one knows where he is. It's something to do with the letter." Harry turned from his seat on the couch to look at them. "I want to go to the park. Someone did something and I have a sneaking suspicion of who."

"Maybe it's time we go to Professor McGonagall." Ginny chimed in, giving them all a small smile. "Harry, you can't keep leaving the castle. Look what happened last time. Besides, you don't even know where he went, at this rate he could be in a different country."

Hermione sat down next to Harry and sighed. "Ginny's right. You still have the letter, right?"

Harry nodded and stood up from the couch. Ron and Hermione started to leave, Ginny trailing behind with Harry slowly following. They crawled through the portrait hole and started toward Professor McGonagall's office. Ginny stopped walking and turned, holding her hand out for Harry who was still a good distance behind her.

"Walking slowly won't delay time. It just creates less time for people to go find him."

Harry grabbed her hand as they continued walking. "I bet it was his father. He's the one who took me."

"Maybe," Ginny said. "I know it's a tough situation, Harry. But you can't mope around all day. Dead or not, life still goes on."

"You're not helping." Harry said shortly. Ginny sighed and kept her head down, watching their feet take steps in front of them.

"Sugarcoating it would help even less. I know how you feel, Harry. Don't shut me out."

Harry scoffed. "Please, you don't know how I feel."

"You could imagine my shock when we broke up and you ended up with your enemy," she said. "The mirror, huh? You wanted to know if he loved you that badly."

Harry looked at her. "How do you know about that?"

Ginny smiled. "I was sitting in front of the mirror and noticed a shard was missing from it. Then I saw Malfoy holding a piece that looked about the same size."

Harry nodded. "You would be the one to notice. Either you or 'Mione."

"I know how you feel, Harry. You're not the only one who has lost a loved one." Ginny said, letting go of his hand as they stopped outside Professor McGonagall's office.

Harry looked her in the eyes. "Ginny, what did you see in the mirror?"

Ginny gave him a small smile and tilted her head slightly. 

"My brother."

A/N: Hey guys, I hope you liked this chapter, I know it was a little slow and not much happened but trust me, you'll get some action in the next chapter!

If you liked the chapter, please vote and comment it really makes my day! Also for more story updates and drarry posts follow me on instagram @drarry_palfoy. 9 chapter left!

~Danielle :)