Chapter 22

"Harry, what a pleasure," Petunia said with slight disgust in her voice, but it almost sounded welcoming to Harry. She opened the door wider and stepped to the side. "Well come in, then." she said. Harry and Draco stepped into the foyer and wiped their shoes on the doormat. Everything was exactly as Harry remembered it; the furniture was the same, the decor was the same, even Uncle Vernon's facial expressions were the same.

"I thought we were done with you, boy." Vernon growled. "You're lucky Petunia convinced me to let you pick up your things. And who is this?" he said, pointing a thick finger at Draco. Harry knew where this was going, and he prayed that Draco would keep his mouth shut.

"This is a friend from school," Harry answered shortly.

"A friend from school," he mocked. "Why is he in my house?"

"I've invited him to come with me. Is that a problem for you?" Harry said, his temper rising and his hand reaching toward his wand. Not that he would hex anyone (no matter how much he'd like to), but he knew that it would frighten Vernon.

Vernon sneered at Harry and backed away. "Make it quick. We expect you to be gone by tomorrow evening. There better be no funny business."

Draco smirked. "Trust me, if there's any business going on, it won't be funny."

"Draco!" Harry whispered, hitting his arm.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Vernon yelled, walking heavily towards Draco. Harry pulled out his wand and shoved it into Vernon's belly. 

"Forget it! We'll be out of the way, as long as you leave us alone!" Harry said. He grabbed Draco's arm and forcefully dragged him up the creaky stairs to his old bedroom. He opened the door, threw Draco inside, and closed it in one swift movement.

"What's wrong with you?" Harry said in a harsh whisper.

Draco shrugged. "I didn't do anything wrong. He's the one-"

"I know that, Draco, but I told you how they are! Just act normal around them. And what was with the innuendo? Do you want me to get killed?" Harry said.

Draco sighed and sat down on the neatly made bed. "I am acting normal. You of all people should know that, and I don't even think he caught on to that."

Harry tried to bite his tongue, but just being in the Dursleys' presence worked him up. "Of course he caught on! The last thing I need is for him to think we're together. All I want to do is find where they put my stuff, grab what I want and go."

Harry turned around so that his back was facing Draco. He started ripping open boxes of rubbish that Vernon and Petunia stored in his room. The only sound in the room was their breathing, and Harry knew something was wrong. He brushed it off, though, and continued to dig through old photos of Dudley and stupid souvenirs from vacations he wasn't invited to.

After finding nothing in the first box, Harry grabbed the second and ripped the tape off of it, sending tiny particles of cardboard box all over the place. He shoved his arm to the bottom of the box and tried to feel around, but he was brought to an abrupt stop when his arm was pulled out of the box and he was thrown onto the bed.

Draco was standing in front of him, arms crossed over his chest, back straight and face slightly red. Harry sat up on the edge of the bed and looked up at the blond, who was doing a really good job at looking intimidating. "What?" Harry said.

"Really? That's all you have to say now?" Draco said, clearly agitated.

Harry blinked at him a couple times before standing up, leaving only a few inches in between the two of them. "Malfoy, I'm really not in the mood right now."