Chapter 2

It was always nice when they were able to have class with their friends, but at this point in time all Harry wanted to do was lay in bed and never get up. The second IRS class was today, and he was not looking forward to it. He hadn't even started to read chapter 3 of the textbook they got last class. He reached over his bedside to grab the book and started to read, hoping to get an idea of what the assignment would be later in the day.

Verbal Communication

The exchange of information between individuals by using speech is referred to as verbal communication. Individuals in a healthy relationship need to effectively demonstrate verbal communication, conveying the understanding of spoken words, and ensuring that the enunciation, tone, and stress of voice with which the words are expressed is appropriate.

It is easy to communicate clearly with your partner(s) in a relationship. Talk to each other. No matter how well you think you know each other, you cannot read your partner's mind. We need to communicate clearly to avoid misunderstandings that may cause hurt, anger, resentment or confusion.

It takes more than one person to have a relationship and each person will have different communication needs and styles. Couples need to find a way of communicating that best fits their relationship. Healthy communication styles require practice and hard work, however communication will never be perfect all the time. Be clear when communicating with your partner, so that your message can be received and understood. Double check your understanding of what your partner is saying. Never assume something, or put words into your partner's mouth.

There were about ten more pages to read, and those few paragraphs alone took Harry a good ten minutes, what with having to go back and read the same few sentences several times just to remember what he had read. He couldn't help but occupy his mind with different scenarios of how this class would go. Maybe if he imagined Malfoy as a girl it wouldn't be so bad...

"Harry, you coming down to breakfast?" Ron asked.

Harry nodded and put his book down. "Yeah. Breakfast." 

He walked past Ron and went out into the corridor, waiting for Ron to catch up. They walked in an awkward silence, which never surrounded them before, until Ron spoke up again.

"Hermione's already gone down. Said she had something to do beforehand anyway."

Harry nodded again. "Cool." he said shortly.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Ron give him a weird look. "Is everything alright, mate? Did something happen last night?"

"No, it's not important. Just some school stress."

This time, it was Ron who nodded. "Let us know if you need anything."

Ron sat down next to Hermione and Harry sat across from them. Usually, he and Ron piled their plates high with food, but Harry was hardly interested in what juices they had this morning or if the french toast was cut diagonally or vertically. His eyes were darting around the Slytherin table, looking for the startlingly bright blonde hair.

"Who are you looking for?" Hermione asked, picking up on his new found interest in the Slytherins.

"Malfoy. I'm kind of hoping he's ill so that I don't have to see him in IRS."