Chapter 37

"What are you waiting for?" Dumbledore asked, as Harry remained in the same spot.

Harry shrugged. "I'm not sure what to do."

"Do what your soul is telling you to. And then I can take you to the General Level, it's where most souls go after they die."

Harry nodded and looked around. He still didn't know what he was supposed to do; he didn't understand how he was supposed to say goodbye to everyone when they didn't even know he was there.

He started to walk towards the front of the crowd and stopped when he was next to his old professors. At first nothing happened, but suddenly he felt chills go through his whole body, followed by a warmth spreading through his abdomen. It went away as quickly as it came.

"What was that?" he yelled over to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore smiled. "That was your goodbye," he responded. None of this made any sense to Harry, or maybe it did but he couldn't quite comprehend it. Either way, he moved from the professors to his friends from Gryffindor, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, and he even went over to Pansy and Blaise sitting with the Slytherins.

Lastly, Harry walked back over to the front row and stood close beside Hermione and Ron. He wasn't ready to say bye to them; they've been with him through his entire years at Hogwarts, they did everything together and they meant a lot to him. He didn't want to never see them again.

Before Harry could do anything else, the chills travelled through his body and left, warming up his insides and giving him a feeling of safety and comfort. Then, the scene around him started to dissipate and he was standing back on the astronomy tower with Dumbledore.

"That was it?" Harry asked.

"That was it," Dumbledore confirmed. "It's quick, saying goodbye."

"But what if I wasn't done yet?" Harry swallowed.

Dumbledore placed a reassuring hand on Harry's shoulder. "If you weren't done, your soul wouldn't have left. You need to trust your consciousness, Harry. Your mind knows what it wants, it would only move on if it was truly ready to."

Harry walked over to the guard rail and gripped it with his hands, staring out into the pure white distance. "Do you think they hate me?"

Dumbledore walked over to him and stood at his side, looking in the same direction as Harry. "Do we ever truly hate the people we love?"

"Maybe," Harry said miserably.

"Did you ever truly hate Draco?" Dumbledore asked.

Harry looked over at him, but Dumbledore didn't return the gaze. He thought for a minute before reaching into his pocket and wrapping his finger around the Galleon he received from Draco several months ago. 

"Will I ever see them again?" Harry asked.

"It is possible," Dumbledore started. "but it is relatively unlikely."

"Oh..." Harry said disappointedly.

"By the time they die, you will most likely be in the Executive Kingdom. They could really use your problem-solving skills, Harry."

"I didn't know there were so many places here. I thought everyone was in the same place."

"Everyone moves on differently, depending on their assets. Perhaps you and Draco will move on together."

Harry looked over at Dumbledore. "Can I see him now?"

Dumbledore smiled and started walking towards the archway from which Harry originally entered through. He followed him through it and found themselves back in the long, plain corridor with an even bigger and brighter entryway at the other end.

Dumbledore pointed to it. "That's the General Level," he said. "Draco will be there."

Harry's heart pounded in excitement and anticipation. He's waited so long for this, to see Draco again, and now he was finally going to. "Who else is in there?"

"Usually, it's souls who have recently passed away. They all go there until management can place them in their correct stations. Very rarely, other souls get left behind if they don't fit in well anywhere else. But they're always useful. Nobody gets left out."

"So, when I go in how will I know where to go?" Harry asked.

"Don't worry, there will be guides there to help you." Dumbledore said happily.

They walked the rest of the way in silence until they were finally at the entryway. Harry was feeling very nervous, he didn't know what to expect when he went in and he was worried that he wouldn't be able to find Draco.

"Go on, Harry. People are waiting for you." Dumbledore encouraged.

"Will we ever see each other again?" Harry asked.

Dumbledore sighed contently. "I wouldn't expect to, but you never know. Now, go through there, Harry. I promise you won't regret it." he said, walking back towards the astronomy tower and disappearing into the white.

Harry closed his eyes and took a deep breath, balling up his fists and squeezing them tightly. He walked through the entryway and felt a cool mist spray his face. The air instantly felt more refreshing and it smelled clean. He heard people talking from all around him, and he felt two hands on both of his shoulders. He jumped in surprise and opened his eyes, turning around to see who it was.

"Mum? Dad?"

A/N: Heyyy guys, I know you all really want to see Draco and Harry back together but I don't want to rush things, especially now that we're so close to the end! I feel like this chapter and the last one are really important for this stage in the story because it represents Harry letting go of all of his pain and stuff.

So anyways, I hope you liked this chapter, if you did please vote and comment it really makes my day! We only have four chapters left guys, stay tuned! Thanks for reading!

~Danielle :)