Chapter 18

Chapter 3/3 of this week's upload :) at this point we're about half way through this book so enjoy! 

Harry pulled Draco all the way back to the castle without stopping and ignoring all of Draco's requests to slow down and explain. They walked through the doors together and Harry went to rush up the corridors, but Draco got hold of his arm and stopped him.

"Will you please explain to me what's going on?" Draco said.

"Yes, I will explain after we go to the IRS classroom. C'mon," Harry said, breaking his arm free from Draco's grasp and heading straight to the classroom. Draco groaned but followed suit behind Harry until they reached the room. Harry, who was slightly breathless, gestured to the door. Draco raised his eyebrows.

"Wow, a door. This is so exciting, it's like I don't see these every day." Draco said dryly.

"Don't be a prat, Draco. Knock. I'll bet you fifty galleons nobody answers." Harry said. Draco didn't move at first, very heavily contemplating walking away from Harry and insulting him for wasting his precious time, but he decided against it and knocked like Harry had said.

They waited about a minute before Harry knocked again. Another minute went by, and there was no answer. Not even a sound came from the classroom. Draco looked at Harry, and as if reading his mind, said, "They're not in there, are they?"

Harry shook his head. "Nope. They set us up. Wilkins didn't send them an owl at all."

"How do you know that? Maybe they went to the library." Draco argued.

Harry groaned and rolled his eyes at Draco's response. Did he always have to play devil's advocate?

"Wilkins isn't even in the castle. I bumped into Luna and she told me." Harry said.

Draco laughed, but it was easy to tell he wasn't amused. "You're really going to listen to what Loony Lovegood has to say?"

"Don't call her that,"

"Well, Potter, let me tell you this. There is no way my two best friends would set me up with you. They're too loyal to ever do that to me." Draco said, directing his interest to his fingernails.

"Oh yeah?" Harry said. Draco gave a short nod without looking up, and Harry grabbed him by the shoulders and turned him around. Before Draco could say anything, he looked up to see Pansy and Blaise walking straight toward them, clearly not yet noticing their presence. Draco opened his mouth to call out to them, but Harry had already pulled him into the unlocked classroom. 

"Potter, what was that for?" Draco said. "We should have confronted them, you idiot."

Harry stayed silent and looked Draco in the eyes. Draco sounded like he was mad, but Harry knew his eyes said something else. Neither of them had the nerve to say anything, so they stood like that, looking right at each other...lost in their own thoughts...slowly moving closer to each other, until they were so close they could feel each other's breaths.

"Do you," Harry started, clearing his throat. "do you really think I'm an idiot?"

Draco opened his mouth and closed it a couple of times as if he was unsure what to say. Then he finally responded with a curt "No". Harry swallowed the saliva that had collected in his mouth, then slowly put one of his hands on the back of Draco's neck and pulled him into a soft kiss. His other hand found its way onto Draco's waist and he felt Draco's hand grab his arm. He didn't attempt to pull away or anything, and that made Harry very nervous.

Their once soft kiss had intensified by the minute, getting more rough and needy as time went on. They were both grabbing onto each other so strongly that it might have left red marks, and they were battling for dominance. If this was IRS, Harry would have won the fight and pushed Draco against the wall, but this wasn't IRS, and Harry really wanted Draco on top of him right now.