The Quest

Jaxon's POV

"I need you to look throughout the whole United States where wolves have disappeared in the last 4 to 7 years. Ask the packs what happened, who did it, whatever." I told Frank.

We didn't know where to start, but it had to be somewhere. I used to know my brother very well, but now I had no idea what he was capable of. There had been reports in the werewolf community that people were going missing and getting killed a few years ago, but I never believed my brother had anything to do with it.

"Jaxon, do you want us to check the vacation house your family used to go to?" Trent asked.

"Yeah, sure anything." I answered and turned back around. Miles was watching me as I paced, my mind racing.

"Does this mean he's in town?" Miles asked, "I mean they've were watching her somehow. Like the night she went to visit her parents grave and that would explain your nephew being here."

I glared at him and growled, "Don't call him that."

"Sorry, Jaxon." Miles apologized. "I didn't even realized I was thinking of him as your nephew. But I do have a question..." He trailed off and I nodded for him to continue. "Are you sure you can kill your brother when the time comes?"

I looked at him surprised. "Of course, I can. I'd do anything to get Kandice back even if that means killing my own flesh and blood."

"That's what you say now, but what about when it's actually happening, when you have to decide the fate of the brother you once cared for and loved. Could you do it? Could you actually kill your brother?" Miles asked.

I hadn't thought about it much, but I guess I needed to now. It was a good question and what he'd said was true. Drake is my brother and I loved him, but Miles didn't know what it was like to have a mate. When you meet your mate, you devote your life to her and will do anything to make her happy and to protect her. Drake isn't my brother anymore, not in my eyes and I hate him now so I will be able to kill him when the time comes.

"Don't worry about me, think of your pack when the time comes." I told him.

He nodded, "How well do you know your brother?"

I shrugged. "Really good, I guess. When I was little, me and my brother used to be close, we did everything together."

"Jaxon." I turned around to see Maria. "I want to go."

I frowned, "What do you mean, Maria? Go where?"

"To find Kandice." Maria said matter-of-factly.

I shook my head. "Absolutely not."

"I'm going, Jaxon." Maria argued.

"Maria I said no. You're pregnant." I told her.

"But-"

"I said no, you're not going and that's final." My voice boomed inside the room silencing everyone else. Maria stood frozen by my outburst. I had never used my Alpha tone on her before so I can only imagine how shocked she was, but I wasn't letting her go with us. Firstly, she's pregnant. Second, she could get herself killed and Wesley killed trying to protect her. We needed her to stay home this time. "Maria, I'm sorry."

She nodded, "It's fine, you're just stressed and I'm not helping at all."

"I really need you to just stay here, it'd be best for everyone. Especially, Wesley and Kandice." Maria nodded and sat down in the corner.

"Okay so... Jaxon, your brother." Jack started. "What are his actions like? Is he very predictable?"

"Yes, actually. My brother is very predictable."

"So is it possible that he is out somewhere you wouldn't think of?" Miles asked.

Maria shook her head. "No, Drake wouldn't do that. He'd be somewhere right under your nose, but you wouldn't even think of it."

We all knew my brother very well since we all grew up together. "Yeah, he'd be somewhere important to him or the person he's obsessed with at the time."

"Right now he's obsessed with Kandice so, would he be somewhere important to her?" Trent asked.

"It's possible. We should check around her parents graves and her old pack." I said. Everyone nodded and someone got up and left the room. "We should be very careful. My brother has always been a good fighter."

"But never a great one." My mom said.

"ALPHA!" I turned to the door where Tracy, a girl from the pack was standing. She ran over to me, pushing a piece of paper in my face. "We were going to patrol the east side outer area when we found it."

I took the paper and opened it, reading it aloud.

Hide-and-seek was always fun. Find me, Seeker.

Drake

"He's playing a game?" Miles asked.

I didn't answer, I was too deep in thought.

"Your brothers insane." Jack remarked.

"So does this means he wants us to play a games with him like kids?" Trent asked.

"No, it means I know where he is."

*********************************

Sorry I haven't updated. This one is short, but I'm working on some stuff. I'll update ASAP.