Trespasser

We were all in a race and so far I was winning with Maria right behind me. I knew we were racing even though I wasn't in the mind link of their pack yet. It was pretty obvious. Wesley was running in sync with Maria as was Dustin with Sarah and Dan with Whitney. They were at the rear of our triangle while Chase, Yasmin, Grant, and Jesse took up the middle. I could tell the boys didn't want to leave their mates behind considering it was dark out and anything could happen.

I love running; it always brought a burst of joy to my system. I used to take a run with my dad every night so we could have father-daughter time. Right now that burst of energy I used to feel didn't come. I hadn't been in wolf form since the accident and it was sorta bringing back old memories. The way I used to run with my family or my pack and we'd all play around. The pups would be running around playing tag and the teenagers racing. I remember Pack BBQ Night, too. It was a night where the whole pack got together like a family and hung out because that's what we were a family. I used to go to the daycare center everyday to play with pups. I love kids they're just so adorable. I can't wait to start my own family. My kids would be the cutest, strongest pups ever. I would protect them with my life.

As that thought pops into my head I can't help but think it's a lie. I didn't protect the cubs in my pack when we were attacked. There were so many dead baby's lying around on the ground during the attack and I didn't protect any of them. Not even my own brother. I wanted to help so bad but I couldn't there were so many and all the adults in my pack kept trying to make me leave. I didn't want to, I wanted to stay behind and save my pack, but they said it was important that I leave. I asked them why, but no one would tell me. One of the adults literally had to pick me up and take me into the woods to get me away from the pack. He begged me to leave, but I didn't want to. I could still hear the screaming and crying in the distance and all I wanted to do was help save my pack, my family. The man started crying and begged me to leave and I finally complied. I didn't know what was going on, but I had a feeling all the adults did and they were keeping it from the kids for a long time. Why wouldn't they want me to help? Why was it so important that I left? What were they not telling me?

I broke off my thoughts as I heard 10 wolves howl in the distance. Maria, Wesley, Grant, Jesse, Dan, Yasmin, Whitney, Chase, Dustin, and Sarah. They were calling to someone. Me. It was then that I finally notice what was wrong as about 15 male wolves surround me all growling menacingly. I was in another packs territory! I started to panic as they got closer, I wasn't scared though. I knew I couldn't take them all at once, but I knew I could handle more than one.

I had been so caught up that I didn't even notice. Maria and the others probably thought I was dead by now. I wasn't officially in the pack yet so they would have no way of knowing if I was alright. This pack could kill me for being in their territory and there was nothing I could do about it because I was the one in the wrong here, but it's not like I knew I was out of territory so it wasn't completely my fault. No one had told me where the territory ended and began. Right now I think I was about 3 miles into their area. Which is not good.

I looked around sizing them all up when a big man with nothing but green basketball shorts on, stepped into the circle. He looked a year or two older than Jaxon. He was tall, almost as tall as Jaxon and had a very defined six pack. His skin looked like milk chocolate and his eyes were black showing that he was probably pissed that there was a lone FEMALE wolf in his territory. It was really rare for a female not to be in a pack, it was hardly ever heard of. I didn't place myself as a lone wolf because I really wasn't but I wasn't a part of a pack either. I was going to join the Blue Moon pack, Jaxon's pack, on the next full moon with wasn't until next month.

The man finally spoke after studying me. "Shift."

I narrowed my eyes. I didn't want to shift in front of 16 male wolves. I would be completely naked but I didn't want him to kill me for disobeying his orders either. I looked around at all the wolves then back at the alpha. I barked hoping he would get what I meant.