First Day Of School (Part 3)

"Chica. These are my friends Sarah, Dan, Dustin, Yasmin, Chase, and Whitney." Maria explained as we sat at the lunch table.

I could tell they were all werewolves from their scent. Yasmin and Whitney looked like twins. They both had long hair that reached midback except Yasmin's was beach blonde and Whitney's was brown. Yasmin had brown eyes and Whitney's were hazel. Yasmin was dressed in bright colors and Whitney had on only dark colors, but she didn't look emo. Chase was scrawnier than the other boys but you could still see he worked out. His hair was long and blond with bright blue streaking and his eyes were a pale green. He looked like an oversized kid, adorable. Sarah was short and her hair looked like fire. It was short in an edgy way that complimented her grey eyes. Dustin had his arm around her shoulder protectively so I guessed he was her mate. His hair was blonde and styled up into a mohawk and his eyes were a pale blue. Sarah was really tan and Dustin was really pale. It was funny how they contrast each other but they looked perfect together. Dan had coal black hair and pale skin. His hair hung in front of his left eye and Whitney was sitting in his lap. He had on dark colors too but, like Whitney he didn't look emo. They looked like a perfect match, also.

"Hey everyone. I'm Kandice." I said smiling at them.

"Hi Kandice. It's so nice to finally meet you. You're all Susan's been talking about. Wow you are beautiful, just like in the picture but better. I'm Sarah."

Everyone laughed and Sarah blushed.

"She gets a little over excited sometimes and then starts talking too much." Dustin explained.

"Hey! I don't talk too much!" Sarah yelled.

"And she's loud." Whitney said.

Sarah scowled, "I am not."

Dan smirked, "And defensive."

"I..." Sarah started then stopped herself knowing it would make her sound more defensive. She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest.

I smiled at her, "It's nice to meet you, too Sarah."

"So." Maria started. "Me, Mommy, and Wes are going for a run today. You guys wanna come?"

Yasmin frowned, "Who the hell is Mommy?"

"She calls Kandice Mommy, Kandice calls her Boohskii." Wesley explained, "They're already acting like a married couple."

"And I'm a Pimp and Wesley's my bitch." I tagged on to his comment.

"OHH! Can I be your bitch, too?" Chase said clapping like a kid.

I laughed, "Sure but no talking back or I'll have to punish you. Oh and you have to do whatever I say."

Chase frowned and looked at me suspiciously, "Why do I get the feeling you've already got some harmful things in mind?"

I act confused, "What are you talking about?"

He opened his mouth to reply but never got the chance to. A loud fake boom of laughter came from across the cafeteria and we all turned to see where it came from.

Grace.

She was sitting at a table full of people, all of them laughing, except one. My mate. Wait... What? My mate? No, I don't want him. But he was staring right at me, his eyes boring into mine. As I finally took notice of him, his scent came rushing up my nose making my wolf go crazy. He smelled like the woods, mint, and caramel all mixed in one. It was intoxicating and I felt like I was high just by the smell of it. He didn't look away like any other normal person would do when they were caught staring, he just held my gaze. It felt like his eyes were piercing my soul and I was soaring through the sky.