Well...

I was breathing heavily, panting. We all were now in the woods near the school, it had been only mere seconds since Salem kissed me IN FRONT OF JAXON. I was shocked as was everyone else, but we all had to jump into action as we realized Jaxon was about to shift in front of everyone. The boys were the closest to him so they got to him first, trying to drag him away, but it didn't work. The girls hopped the fence going to help and I was right behind them, running to get Jaxon into cover. I didn't look back as I heard Salem shout out my name. Could he really be that stupid? Was he ready to die at such a young age?

The girls and I reached Jaxon, each grabbing some part of him with the boys. 13! It took thirteen people to drag him away. (Maria, Wes, Sarah, Dustin, Whitney, Dan, Yasmin, Grant, Trent, Brittany, Chase, Casey, and Me.) Even then he shook so bad we all nearly fell over and considering how close we were and how hard we were pull him some of us still tripped.

When we finally broke through the trees we pulled harder going much faster, trying to get deeper into the woods before we released him. When Jaxon's shaking got more violent, I screamed at everyone to let go of him and stay back as he was about to shift and he was out for blood. His eyes were jet black as he bursted out of his clothes and landed on his front paws with a thud. His black fur looked as dark as the night sky and his paws against the ground looked like they were the size of my head. He growled.

"Jaxon." I called, trying to calm him. He had to keep his cool or he would end up doing something brutal and it could affect everyone. Him, me, his friends, his pack. I knew he didn't want to hurt neither me nor his pack, but if he killed Salem then he surely would and Salem was just a human. He couldn't defend himself against an Alpha.

"Jaxon." I said, more sternly, but I knew he was too far gone and his wolf had taken over completely. "Justin."

I shifted into my white wolf and walked over to him and licked him under his chin.

*Justin, can you hear me?*

He growled in response and went to go around me, but I blocked him, jumping on top of him and pinning him to the ground. He snarled flipping us over so that he was on top. I did the first thing I could think of. I licked up the left side of his neck and bit into the base of his neck.

I marked him, as mine.

He stiffened as my teeth sank into his flesh. I felt as his muscles slowly relaxed and he seemed to melt into me. His breathing steadied and he growled in satisfaction. I clenched my jaw, just as he had when he marked me, sinking my teeth deeper. I watched as Jaxon's eyes came back and he closed them shut. I growled knowing he was calmer now. I slow unclenched my teeth, removing them from his skin. As I licked his mark, he shivered against me slowly opening his eyes. We stared at one another then he grinned, showing all his wolf teeth and licked my face. I barked, glad he felt better.

He smiled and threw his head to the side. *Come on.*

He climbed off me and we stood up. Maria walked over to us and petted Jaxon's fur, all the others coming up behind her. They all surrounded us smiling and petting us. Maria kissed my nose and hugged me around the neck.

"You're gonna make a great Luna." She told me proudly. I barked and licked her.

"You can take care of yourself, our Alpha, and our pack. You're kind, smart, generous, appreciative, compassionate, everything a leader is meant to be." Trent said, smiling at me. I was shocked, this was the first time Trent had ever said anything like that to me. I was so glad he was accepting me as his leader although I wasn't all those things 100% of the time.

They all started giving me compliments while Jaxon just sat there with a small smile on his face staring at me in adoration. I wasn't looking at him, but I could feel his gaze and it was very, very distracting.