Chapter 6

"Hey, so are you gonna go for cheerleading tryouts?" Ali asked me as we walked to the cafeteria

"Hey, so are you gonna go for cheerleading tryouts?" Ali asked me as we walked to the cafeteria. I used to be the cheerleading type but now I don't get it. I mean what's the point of practicing and saying these 'cheers' for a team that probably sucks anyway.

"Not really, I was thinking maybe soccer"

"But there isn't a girls soccer team," Ali says. When I lived with my mom, I was on the rugby team at my school, its where I got most of my aggression out but unfortunately in fancy California, they don't have a rugby team so I figured soccer was my next best violent option.

"I know, but there isn't a boys soccer team either it's just a soccer team, therefore making it for both boys and girls," I said explaining. We sat down at our regular table and ate the pretty unappetizing food in front of us. "But I don't think the coach will let you on the team," Barb said chiming into our conversation.

"Oh, believe me, he'll let me on the team, I have my ways," I said which caused both of the girls to roll their eyes and laugh.

Ali then filled Barb in on what happened last night at Golf and stuff. "He wanted you to go on a date with you?" Barb said, shocked.

"Yah that's what the deal was," I said confirming

"But what if you lost?" She asked

"I mean what's the harm of one date, he did apologize for what he did so he can't be all bad," I said .

"Then you don't know Johnny Lawrence" was all Barb said. I left the conversation at that and then we switched topics to the Halloween dance coming up in a month and Ali asked if I wanted to help set up.

****

We all got out for tryouts which also counted as our gym. To my surprise, both Daniel and Ali were in my class, oh and I can't forget to mention the Karate gang was there as well. "Alright class, girls head over to cheerleading and boys soccer," Mr. Davis said except I was not doing cheerleading. Everyone went their own way but I walked up to Mr. Davis as he was making the soccer teams .

"Excuse me, Mr. Davis?"

"Cheerleading takes place over there" was all he said waving me off which caused me to scoff.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could try out for the soccer team?" I said

"This is a boys soccer team," he said, making the other boys gather around and start laughing at me.

"No, actually it's not, On the posters in the school, it states that it's a soccer team, not clarifying the gender of the team. Now unless these boys are afraid of getting beat by a girl?" I asked knowing I'd strike a sore spot when it came to the boys' ego and as I stood corrected the boys all laughed and told the coach to let me try out.

"Alright, fine your on the team with the other new kid." signalling Daniel.

"Lisa Anderson" I introduced myself looking the teacher straight in the eyes as my dad always taught me.

We started the game and I was head to head with Johnny. Perfect. I just smirked at him and he did the same to me. "Ready to get your ass handed to you again, Lawrence?" was all I said with a cocky smile. The teacher blew the whistle to start the game and I stole the ball and passed it to Daniel. But then I saw Johnny signal Bobby to do something to Daniel but I just wasn't sure what yet.

Daniel passed the ball to another kid on our team but Daniel got mixed up with Bobby. I saw Bobby sweep Daniel's leg, Daniel got angry (reasonably so)  and started pushing Bobby but Mr. Davis came in and told him he was out. "I hate this school!" Daniel yelled walking off the field. I felt bad. But after I watched Daniel walk off I glared at Johnny and Bobby and to be honest the rest of them as the all snickered, but Johnny just gave me a smug smile. Fine, he wants to play dirty, I can do that. We started the game back up again, the whistle blew but this time Johnny took the ball. I shoved him and stole the ball back "what the hell!" he yelled but I scored on his team. Everyone on my team gave me a high five's. We started back in the center of the field.

"See two can play like that" was all I said but he huffed in frustration. We played back and forth for a bit until class was over. Johnny's team won in the end and all the boys screamed in victory and Johnny just looked at me while the rest of the guys were cheering him on and I gave him a small smile and grabbed my bag. Ali walked over as her tryout ended.

"Hey how was soccer?" she asked

"Fun." was all I said because it was pretty fun.

"Hi Ali" Johnny jogged over to us .

"Hi Ali," Ali mocked, "I'll see you later," she said catching up to her cheerleading friends. Johnny walked up beside me and continued walking with me over to the school.

"I guess I didn't get my ass handed to me," he said smugly .

"Yeah, you played pretty well out there, dirty, but good" was all I said, he seemed shocked that I didn't have some sort of comeback. But, it was just a game and I had fun and so did he, so it didn't really matter to me who won.

"Thanks, I guess you weren't too bad," he said which made me laugh.

"You guess?" I said

"Yah I guess" was how he responded and we both laughed. "Hey me and some friends are going down to the beach this weekend and then maybe golf and stuff, you wanna come?" he asked and for once he seemed genuine

"I suppose I'll have to check my VERY busy schedule," I said sarcastically

"Ok" he laughed

"Oh look, space just opened up" I said checking my fake schedule and we finally got into the school.

"Alright we'll see ya Anderson!" he yelled as we went our separate ways in the hall

"See yah, Lawrence!" I yelled back.

Did I just agree to hang out with the douche Johnny Lawrence and his gang? Or even have a conversation? But I'm not gonna lie, he wasn't bad looking not to mention shirtless.

A/N: So here's chapter 6! Sorry I didn't upload yesterday, I was too tired lol