Chapter 8

Hey guys so before you start reading if you have any suggestions that you guys want in future chapters let me know!! Anyway enjoy the read 💕

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

We spent most of the day at the beach, we played volleyball and went swimming in the ocean. I have to admit it was pretty fun. Johnny and I hung out the most together and I realized we have more in common than I thought, he told me about his stepdad, Sid, he sounded similar to my mom in some ways but not in others, I didn't have it as bad as him. I also think Sid is the reason that Johnny lashes out as much as he does.

"Ok let's head to Golf and stuff" Johnny suggested as we started packing up our stuff and putting it in the cars. Johnny and I got in the front seat and some of the gang piled in the back of Johnny's car. We started driving and I turned on the radio, and "young hearts" by commuter came on and I turned it up. I hummed to the familiar tune and we all bopped our heads to the familiar tune. But once the chorus came up we all started singing

"YOUNG HEARTS BEAT FAST"  we all started laughing. It was fun as I watched the pom trees sway in the wind and the busy nightlife of Los Angeles. We pulled into the parking lot of the arcade and we all hopped out of the cars.

"So, are we gonna play air hockey again?" I asked Johnny with a smirk as we waited in-line to get the tickets. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in.

"Oh I'm gonna win this time for sure," he said confidently

"Yah right, she used you as a mop the last time" Tommy chimed in, which made us all laugh except for Johnny, of course.

"Aw you hurt his feelings," I said and I hugged him.

"Shut up, I will get you this time Anderson," he said, hugging me back.

"I'm sure you will, tough guy," I said. We got to the ticket booth and I pulled out my wallet to hand the money to the guy. But johnny snatched my wallet

"I got this," He said

"No it's ok, I'm a big girl, I can pay for my own stuff," I said not wanting to accept his money. I tried to grab my wallet but he just held it up higher so I couldn't reach it but as I was jumping to grab my wallet he handed me the money for the tickets. I just glared at him. "Give me my wallet" I demanded.

"It's too late, I already paid," he said with a smug look.

"All I'm gonna say is after air hockey you're gonna need a tissue cause I'm gonna have you bawling ," I said walking into the familiar arcade and he just laughed.

We walked over to the air hockey table and put tickets into the machine. Everyone gathered around the table. Johnny and I both stared at each other as Dutch pretended to be the announcer. "Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the ultimate showdown of Lisa Anderson and Johnny Lawrence." The gang cheered like we were in an arena.

"Your dead Lawrence," I said as Dutch placed the puck in the middle of the table. I lunged across the table and hit the plastic puck and Johnny saves it and we go back and forth and I finally score. Barb and the rest of the girls cheer while the boys tell Johnny to focus. I laugh as Johnny gets frustrated "is that a tear I see?" I ask pissing him off more but it was just too easy, how could I not?.

But my cockyness defies me as he scores on me and the boys cheer loud "Yeah get her Johnny" Tommy yells.

****

We go back and forth and now whoever scores next wins the game. But Johnny whispers something into Dutch's ear and he walks over to me. We hit the puck, Johnny now has the puck. But Dutch whispers in my ear "Johnny says you look so hot right now"

"What!?" I yell distracting me for two seconds but in those two seconds Johnny scores on me. The boys start cheering him on. "You are such a cheater," I say walking up to Johnny.

"Is that a tear I see?" he mocks and gives me his stupid gorgeous smile. I mean stupid smile.

"Yah yah whatever," I say, a smile peeking through my frown.

"Let's get pizza," Johnny said, everyone else agreed and we headed for the small food court. We sat at a table and ordered food and secretly slipped $10 in Johnny's pocket knowing he was gonna pay.

"Oh yeah, I forgot," I said

"What?" they all looked at me.

"You guys don't have poutine," I said, almost getting a little homesick.

"What the hell is that?" Tommy asked

"Oh it's so good, it's fries, gravy and cheese '' I said, remembering my favourite comfort food.

"That actually doesn't sound half bad" Johnny commented

"Don't knock it until you try it," I said. The pizza arrived and we all dug in.

"I forgot that you weren't from here," Barb said

"Wait where are you from?" Bobby asked

"Canada," I said, Dutch then proceeded to make fun of me by impersonating the stereotypical Canadian. "Shut up before I make you," I said

"There's the firecracker" Tommy laughed

"I'm not gonna lie you guys aren't that bad," I said because I was having a good time

"I'm gonna take that as a compliment," Johnny said. After we ate we went back to playing games. Johnny and I played basketball, except I took his basketballs and then he would take mine and throw them. We both laughed. I played a couple of games with the boys and some with Barb.

We all started getting tired and went home but Johnny and I were on our own this time. We said bye to the rest of the gang and walked to Johnny's car "Jesus it's cold" I said as the breeze picked up.

"I have an extra hoodie in the car," he said and opened the trunk and handed it to me.

"Thanks," I said, pulling it over my head, it was big on me. Johnny noticed this too and started laughing. We got in the car and drove home. "LA is so pretty at night," I said as I looked out the window. "Like you can smell the ocean, it's the best thing ever," I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Johnny was staring at me. So I looked over and he looked at the road ahead of him.

"I guess, I mean I never really noticed it, probably cause I grew up here," He said

"True." was all I said and we sat in silence for the rest of the ride.

****

We pulled up to my house "Hey thanks for inviting me, I had fun today"  I said

"No problem, you should sit with us at lunch instead of Larusso and Ali," he said I could tell that he was jealous.

"You know, you should move on, I think you would be a lot happier," I said and he shrugged me off.

" what are you talking about I'm fine," Johnny said

"Yeah, right, you are the worst liar ever." I said and he just rolled his eyes "I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but... when or if you ever do want to talk about it I'm here, and I promise I won't tell Ali" I said.

"Ok" was all he said. He pretended not to listen and brush it off but I knew better than that.

"Well see ya, Johnny, I'll see you Monday" I yelled from my door and waved

"See ya, Lisa" he yelled back and drove away.

I walked in the door and noticed the scent of the sweater it smelt like Johnny's cologne, god was that boy ever a flirt.

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter. Also, this story hit #12 on the #karatekid so that's pretty dope. Thanks, readers :)