Chapter 12

It had been a couple of days since Johnny and I talked

It had been a couple of days since Johnny and I talked. Bobby had even come up to me to tell me how sorry Johnny was and that he was like a sulking puppy. It hurt my heart to see him like that in the halls and class.

Ali and I were talking in gym class as we made it look like we were stretching "Can you just forgive him already?" she asked

"What do you mean?" I asked her to suddenly defend Johnny.

"Cause you have been miserable ever since and if I hear one more time about how 'you feel bad but you don't' I'm gonna go insane," she said in an annoyed tone.

I looked over at the shirtless Johnny, god did he ever look good. I looked away as soon as he looked over at me.

"He's coming over," Ali mumbled. 

"What?" I said but it was too late, as Johnny towered over me.

"Lisa, can I talk to you?" he asked, but I looked over to Ali and she gave me a look of 'if you don't talk to him so help me god'. So I got up and walked with him behind the bleachers.

"Lisa I'm really sorry about what happened, I just got annoyed with Daniel. Not only is he moving in on Ali but also you. And then he showed up at the Karate dojo," he rambled "And I guess I'm just trying to say I'm sorry"

My heart ached

"Ok I forgive you but can you at least apologize to Daniel?" he begrudgingly said yes "But you don't have to worry about Daniel 'moving in' on me, we're just friends, that's it. And I'm also so sorry for hitting you so hard" I said touching the side of his where I hit him. "It didn't mean to but you know how I get when I'm angry" I ramble but the next thing I know he grabs my face and kisses me. At first, I'm shocked but then I melt into the kiss and it turns into more of a passionate kiss. I stepped back a bit after still in a bit of shock. "Well, I'm taking that as I'm forgiven," I said and we both laughed. He grabbed me into a hug as I was pressed onto his bare abs. I blushed a little but hugged back.

"I'll see you later, Lis," he said, jogging back to his buddies and I sat back down beside Ali. I watched as all of his friends hyped him and I just smiled and shook my head.

"So what happened?" Ali asked

"I don't kiss and tell," I said, which told her everything

"No way!" she yelled and I just shushed her hoping no one would've noticed. "Finally I don't have to see you mope around" she joked

"Shut up!" I said pushing her shoulder.

****

I stared at the phone, contemplating whether or not I should call my mother. Will she answer? Suddenly the phone rings causing me to jump. I picked it up "Hello?"

"Hey Lisa" I heard the familiar voice

"Hello Johnny, how did you get my number?" I teased

"I asked around," he said and I just laughed

"What's up?"

"You wanna do something tonight?" he asked

"Depends." I said

"On what?"

"Well if it's actually fun, I guess I could go out," I said just to bug him.

"Wanna go see Gremlins?"

"Sure," I said

"Ok I'll pick you up around 7"

"See ya," I said and hung up, I guess procrastinating to call my mother another day wouldn't hurt. I went upstairs to get ready.

****

I put on some lip gloss and I heard the doorbell ring. I grabbed my things and ran downstairs to answer the door. I opened the big white door to be met with a familiar set of blue eyes. He wore his regular cobra kai jacket and some jeans. "Well hello Johnny," I said as he looked me up and down checking me out, I wore a pink and white floral dress.

"You look good" was all he said, as if he was in shock

"Thanks, I know" I smirked and shut the door and walked over to his car. 

"Johnny is that you?" Ali's mom asked from the house beside mine. Oh shit here we go, if anyone had a hard time getting over the break up between Ali and Johnny it was Mrs. Mills.

"Yes, Mrs. Mills, I'm taking Lisa out," he said and I had to hold in the laughter desperately trying to come out.

"Oh- oh well you kids have fun," she said, very unimpressed and she walked into her house.

I burst out laughing while Johnny looked over at me "what?" he said cluelessly

"Just get in and I'll tell you," I said as I got in the car as did he.

We started driving "Are you gonna tell me or what?" he asked anxiously

"Do you know how much Mrs. Mills loved you when you were dating Ali, I swear she would always talk about how you were such a nice boy. Sometimes I wonder if there wasn't such an age gap she'd probably go after you!" I laughed

"What!?" Johnny yelled

"Oh yeah! Now I'm going to be in shit cause I'll be such a bad influence on such a 'nice boy'" I mocked in a snouty voice "Little does she know" I said and looked over at him

"What's that supposed to mean?"  he said with a suggestive smirk

"Oh you're the farthest thing from a 'nice boy'" I said air quoting 'nice boy'

"Well I guess you're stuck with a bad boy," he said holding my hand

I laughed and rolled my eyes "I guess so" I said gently squeezing his hand.

**** 

We pulled into the movie theatre and got our tickets and snacks. We sat down in our seats, they were perfect. Johnny put his hand on my thigh and I rested my head on his shoulders. I felt comfortable and safe, something I hadn't had in a while.

We got bored halfway through the movie and started throwing popcorn at people in the movie theatre, but then when they looked back we quickly pretended we were watching the movie. I struggled to keep the laugh in and so did he.

Johnny drove me home after we got ice cream, "I had fun tonight" I said as we pulled in front of my house.

"So did I," he said and smiled. "Hey Lisa?" he asked looking a little nervous

"Yeah," I said

"Um, I really like you." he looked like he was scared for my response

"I like you too," I said with a small smile. He gently grabbed my face and kissed me, man that feeling never gets old. The fireworks and butterflies in my stomach.

A/N: heys guys hope you like this chapter! Next chapter I'm going to have Lisa's party 🤭