Chapter 7

Finally, I was done with after school detention, thank god

Finally, I was done with after school detention, thank god. It was a Friday night and Ali and I are having a sleepover. For old times sake I guess and then tomorrow I'm hanging out with Johnny and the rest of his friends.

Daniel and Ali have been hanging out and talking more so I've sort of been a third wheel which caused me to hang out with Barb more often. So it was nice to have time to set aside for us to catch up. "Ok Dad I'm headed over to the Mills'' I yelled from the front door and walked to my neighbours.

I was welcomed in as Ali's parents were on their way out to the country club, so Ali and I would be home alone for most of the night. "Hey come upstairs,'' Ali said, welcoming me into her room. It looked similar to how I remembered it but with a more sophisticated touch. She showed me where I could put my things and then we hung out on her bed. "I feel like I haven't seen you all week," she said

"I know, and we live next to each other" we both laughed

"So what's up with you?" she asked. I got a little nervous about telling Ali about me hanging out with Johnny because even though she hates his guts, he still used to be her boyfriend.

"Uhm, I'm going to the beach and golf and stuff tomorrow with some friends," I said in a bit of a nervous tone.

"Oh, really who?" Ali asked genuinely curious.

"Uhm, I think barb is going and Johnny with the other karate guys," I said slowly

"Oh nice" was all she said

"You know if you feel uncomfortable with me hanging out with them I totally understand, I'll cancel, say I got the stomach flu or something." I rambled worried I would destroy my longest friendship. But Ali just laughed

"Lisa you can hang out with whoever you want, ok?" she reassured

"Ok, I just want to make sure everything will be ok with us," I said "plus Johnny is still pretty hung up on you" I laughed

"I mean, I don't know he has shown some interest in you lately," she said with a smirk

"Yah right to make YOU jealous, can't you see that, I mean when he dropped me off he gave some hardcore puppy dog eyes to your house," I said "he even gave you googly eyes to you the other day at tryouts. Plus I think we're just better as friends anyway" I said because that was the honest truth. "Anyway enough about me, what about you and Daniel?" I wiggle my eyebrows causing Ali to laugh

"We're just friends, I guess," she said as her cheeks turned bright red

"Well, that's the biggest lie I ever heard," I said laughing as she got all shy.

We continued to talk about her and Daniel, we ordered pizza. We sat on Ali's couch and flicked through the channels to find Sixteen Candles playing. It was one of my guilty pleasure movies but otherwise, I would never admit how much I actually like the movie, and Ali knew that. One of the many reasons why we are such good friends.

The credits started to roll and we both got tired and drifted off to sleep.

****

I walked back home with my bags after I finished up breakfast with Ali and headed to get ready for the beach day. When I got home my dad was on one of his usual business calls. I walked up to my room and turned on the shower. The hot shower was soothing, it always relaxed me and gave me a chance to reflect on my thoughts. But was Ali right? Did Johnny actually like me or was I just a part of his plan to get back with Ali?

I got out and blow-dried my hair to hopefully prevent the frizzy Afro it would turn into with the humidity. I put on my bathing suit and threw on my clothes over top. I had decided on a button-up t-shirt and some jean shorts. I packed a little bag with some sunscreen and a towel. I went back into the bathroom and applied some mascara and light blush. "Meh," I said checking out myself in the mirror.

I walked down to my dads study "Hey dad I'm off shortly, and I probably won't be home for dinner" I said kissing him on the cheek

"Ok honey have fun, love you," he said

"Love you too!" I yelled from down the hall. I walked out in almost perfect timing as Johnny pulled up. I threw my sunglasses on, wait where was everyone else? "Hey, Lawrence where is everyone?"

"Oh there meeting us at the beach," He said in a nonchalant tone. I'm not gonna lie to you, I did find it odd that he chose to pick me up on his own.

"Oh okay." was all I said and hopped into the car. A nice car at that. "Nice car. What is it, a 1983 Avanti convertible, right?" I said and he just looked floored, I laughed a little.

"Uh yeah, how did you know?" he asked, finally pulling into the street.

"My uncle back home is a mechanic and I worked for him for a couple of summers, so I learned a few things." I said "Personally, I like classic American muscle, my dream car is a black 1967 chevy impala," I said thinking about the beautiful car.

"Cool, So uh did you make it on the soccer team?" he asked

"Well wouldn't you like to know," I said smirking

"Well did you?" he pushed.

"No I didn't, but should I really be surprised? That coach would probably be caught dead letting a girl on his team," I said

"That blows," he said, and for a minute I thought he was sincere. Hmm

"So what do people do for fun here, other than go to the beach and golf and stuff?" I asked curiously because despite being in L.A there wasn't a whole lot to do.

"Well me and the guys train at that Karate dojo over there," He said as we passed the building with a big snake and big letters reading 'Cobra Kai'

"Cool." was all I said

"Actually we have a tournament coming up in a couple of months, I'm the champ," He said with his chest puffed out.

"Oh, yah hotshot?"

"Yah you should come and cheer me on if you don't believe me," he said with a cocky smile and I just rolled my eyes.

"We'll see." was all I said as we arrived at the beach and all the guys and Barb were there, I couple of other girls I didn't know were there as well.

"Hey, Lisa!" Barb yelled as the guys greeted Johnny. "Lisa, this is Dutch, Bobby, Tommy and Jimmy," Barb introduced me to the gang.

"Hey, nice to meet you guys," I said as they all said "Hi" to me. Johnny came over and wrapped his hand over my shoulder. What was this boy doing?

"Yah this is the gang," he said pulling me into his side, it was comforting, WAIT NO! 'Just friends' I mentally repeated to myself.

A/N: Sorry to leave you sorta on a bit of a cliffhanger but hope you enjoyed. ;)