Chapter 10

We pulled up to the Karate dojo

We pulled up to the Karate dojo. The boys got off their bikes and walked in, their whole demeanour changed. They turned into respectable young men. Weird. Right now a class was going on with kids they were yelling every time they punched, it was pretty cute. I looked around at the dojo and noticed the war memorabilia of the sensei. I looked over to the wall to see the motto "Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.". It sounded oddly familiar, but I couldn't remember where it was from.

I sat down on one of the benches where some of the parents were sitting. The class had been dismissed and a little boy came up to me out of the blue. "Hi," he said and waved at me. I smiled and said

"Hi"

"I'm getting ice cream," he said

"Oh, really?" I asked and he nodded "What flavour are you going to get?" I asked him and I noticed the guys walking out of the change rooms and laughing at me meanwhile they're the ones in the "pyjamas"

"Chocolate," The little boy said excitedly

"No way! That's my favourite flavour" I said in an enthusiastic tone as I admired his innocence. But before the conversation went any further his mom came and got him.

"I'm so sorry if he bothered you," she said exasperated but I just laughed

"No worries, we talked about ice cream," I said, causing the mom to laugh but she picked him up and the boy waved bye to me and I did the same. Once the kids cleared the dojo the class started to line up and their sensei started lecturing them of 'the rule of the fist' they started yelling the saying on the wall, they sounded like soldiers. I heard the bell of the door ring and I looked and to my surprise it was Daniel.

He didn't realize I was there until he sat down next to me. "Oh hey, Lisa what are you doing here?" he asked. But before I could answer him

"Mr. Lawrence, warm them up," sensei said and Johnny faced the front of the class, he noticed Daniel as they both made eye contact but Johnny gave him this deadly smirk.

"Oh, you've gotta be kidding me?" Daniel said, getting up and leaving.

"Bye Daniel," I said as he walked out the door. Even though I knew the poor kid was dead. I know knew where I heard the saying on the wall, it was stuff the guys were saying at the beach the night Johnny beat Daniel.

I grabbed my walkman and french homework out of my bag. I wanted to look it over to see what I could help Johnny with. Every once and a while Johnny would look over at me, I could feel it.

****

The class ended and all the guys went into the locker room to get changed. "May I help you miss," their sensei walked up to me and I stood up

"No, I'm actually waiting for Johnny Lawrence, Lisa Anderson" I introduced myself sticking out my hand for a handshake.

He took my hand and shook it "John Kreese, you have a firm handshake young lady, I appreciate that" he said.