13. Badblood

Present Mic: "Who could've predicted the developments at the beginning or this conclusion? Right now, the first person back in the stadium is that man..." he said as he looked to see who came in first "Izuku Midoriya's made a huge splash!" he yelled over the mic and the crowd erupted. "Followed my Bakugo in second, Todoroki in third, And L/n in forth!"

As I collapsed into the fake grass of the stadium gasping for breath I heard the crowd roaring and I looked up to see Izuku standing there with a tear filled smile on his face along with the scoreboard on the big screen.

Y/n: "First? Not bad, bud. Not bad at all." I thought with a smile on my face as I looked back at Izuku with pride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Y/n's POV-

I came too face down in the grass a few minutes after finishing in fourth place. It felt like I was asleep for like 3 months, but whatever. I rolled over onto my back as I heard someone running past me.

"Deku, you were amazing!" Uraraka praised as she walked up to Izuku. "First place is awesome! I still have a long way to go...!" As she was congratulating him, Iida was having an existential because of how far down the board he was even with his quirk meant for speed. Seeing as no-one was making any move to help me up I sat up with a groan.

"*grunt* Don't worry guys I'm fin-?!" As I tried to stand up it felt like I was suddenly shifting dimensions and everything was spinning faster than it should, that being not at all. I fell forward trying not to throw up my non-existent breakfast.

"Y/n!" Izuku saw me go down and rushed over to me. "What happened, are you okay?!" He asked in a panic, kneeling down to me. "Do you need me to go get Recovery Girl? Or maybe get All Migh-!?" I cut him off before he went into complete disarray.

"I'm fine Izuku." I stopped him as I used his shoulder as a prop to stand up. "I didn't eat anything this morning and you know how much my quirk takes out of me." I said as I fully stood up. "I just pushed myself too hard again. Don't worry about it." I drolled out as I waved off, what I called, his unnecessary concern.

"What does your quirk have to do with you almost passing out?" Uraraka wondered out loud from behind Izuku as Iida walked up.

"It's why I eat so much at most meals. I'm pretty bad at explaining it so I'll let Izuku do it." I said as I gestured to him.

"Oh okay!" he quickly agreed because of how much he loved talking about quirks. "You see because of Y/n's quirk whenever he makes rocks on his body, instead of using the ones around him, it takes a lot of the iron and fat in his system!" he quickly explained. " That's why Y/n has to eat so many carbohydrates and keep his iron levels up so much." he finished.

"But I thought you said your quirk is similar to Bakugo's in that it utilizes your sweat?" Iida asked me as I shrugged.

"Like I said I'm bad at explaining it. It's more along the lines of my quirk using the pores in my skin to grow the stone when I need it. The more I make with my quirk the more it takes out of me, if I push a little too hard I'll get dizzy and my blood pressure will drop from the lack of iron." I finished off the explanation.

"You mean pushing it like that cool move you did at the end there, right?!" Uraraka questioned while she pointed at me. "That was so awesome!" she exclaimed as she threw her hands up.

"Yeah! What was that?! I've never seen you do that one before?!" Izuku asked with stars in his eyes.

"Like that one, huh?" I ask with a smirk on my face. "I've been working on it and a few others since last week. I found out when I cover my whole body the power boost is way more than just doing each limb separately. I call the move Juggernaut Rush." After the quick explanation we started idly chatting about how we performed till the end of the event.