19. Awards and Bad Dreams

(A/a: Bet you weren't expecting another chapter so soon huh? I know I usually put these at the end of the chapter, but I just wanted to let you know this story maybe dipping a little head into some manga info soon. I'll let you know when because I know a decent amount of you are anime only and I can respect that, but I don't got the patients to wait for Studio Bones to catch up on certain things. Also I'm trying my best to find title images for these chapter, but some I just can't and I don't like reusing images. As always let me know how you liked the chapter! Peace!)

As their attacks met there was a shock wave that blasted the crowd and covered the arena in dust. As the dust cleared Bakugo was laying on his back at the edge of the stage while the stage and surrounding field had hundreds of Y/n's crystals embedded into the ground and where Y/n was standing was a smoking crater.

"L/n is unconscious, Bakugo is the winner!" Midnight called out with a rather sad look on her face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Y/n's POV-

I woke up feeling like shit, simple as that. My head was throbbing and my limbs felt heavy. I groaned as I slowly lifted my hand to my head and felt the bandages around it. I opened my eyes, regretting doing so immediately, and hissed at the light. My right arm was completely covered in bandage wrap.

"Don't move too much there sonny, you took a decent hit out there." Came Recovery Girl's elderly voice.

"Why do I feel like I got hit by a truck?" I groaned out as I rubbed the pain out of my eyes.

"Because you might as well have." She plainly said.

"Come again?"

"That rock armor, or whatever you call it, took most of the blast from that Bakugo's explosion, but that didn't stop the kinetic force from throwing you around like a ragdoll." She explained. "You should have broken something with a hit like that, so consider yourself lucky."

"Uugh...Lucky me..." I said as I sat up. "How long was I out?"

"Hmm, about an hour or so. Enough time to fix the stage from your unneedingly violent fight and the finals to end. They were waiting for you and the Todoroki boy to wake up." Recovery told me.

"For me to wake up? Why?"

"So you can accept your medal of course. Can't have a trophy ceremony without the maturity of the winners." She said.

"But I lost, right?" I asked confused.

"You still tied for third out of the entire first year student body. Take some credit once in a while!" She said rather sternly as she waved a finger. She went to say something else, but Todoroki sat up. "Good, if you are both well enough to sit up you can go stand somewhere else." She said as she shooed us out of the room.

"Cranky old women." Todoroki grumbled.

"She's not cranky, she just doesn't like seeing you young kids hurt so much." Cementoss said, letting us know he was there. "Now if you're both up, follow me so we can wrap up the festival." He said as he turned around and started walking the opposite way to the field.

"The field is the other way." Todoroki said.

"I know, just follow me." Was all Cementoss said. Todoroki and I followed behind him in silence. After a minute or two of walking we were underground, presumably under the field, as we came into a medium sized storage room. In the center was a three tiered marble podium, that I assumed we had to stand on, that was on a lift system. What drew my eyes however was what was on the top podium.