24. A "Light" Spar

I would love to say that I slept nicely, but that'd be a lie because the noise of activity didn't slow down at all during the night. That's what I get for going to an agency open 24 hours a day. Thankfully at some point my exhaustion caught up to me and I finally started drifting off.

*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

"Alright kid, time to get up!" Burnin' called thought the door as she kicked it. I groaned as I rolled out of bed and picked up my hero costume that I did not just throw on the ground last night. As I put the shirt on I caught a whiff of it. Note to self wash costume...tomorrow. I heard more kicking on the door.

"Alright already! I'm up!" I said as I opened the door.

"Oooh, someone's not a morning person." The guy I bumped into in the lobby yesterday said with a smirk as he was leaning on the wall.

"Whatever Bucket-Head." I tiredly groaned at him.

"The name is Nova, punk!" He barked. I turned to Burnin'.

"Why is he here?" I lamented.

"He's green too, so he'll be training with us." She said as she started walking towards the elevator. "Now let's move, we're Burnin' daylight." Burnin' said with a shit eating grin. Bucket-Head and I groaned simultaneously at the pun, looked at each other, scowled, and started following.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay punk same as yesterday, first one to get hit five times to the body loses the match! It'll be between you two so start when you're ready!" Burnin' said as she paced on the sidelines of the training area.

Nova and I got into position across from each other and took our stances. He took a form of running stance as I squared my feet and shoulders, bringing my hands up, He looked like he was going to get right to attacking. I'll go on the defensive until I figure out his quirk.

"Go!" Burning shouted.

The second she did Nova's body started glowing a pale blue and he started flying straight at me. He almost got me by surprise as I pivoted on my heel and spun out of the way.

"Oh ho, looks like the annoying little guy buzzes around like a fly." I taunted as he came in for another strafe. He growled as he faced me again, but this time the light started gathering in his hands and a blast launched at me at an insane speed. It hit my arms as I tried to block it, but the second it hit it released some kind of concussive shockwave and broke my block. Nova saw the opening and zoomed in with a punch to the chest making me slide a few feet backwards.

"That's one for Bucket-Head already, pick it up Golem!" Burnin' commentated.

"HA! Yeah just try and hit me, Go-lame!" Nova cockily taunted as he flew around above me. As he was lazily drifting above, stone climbed my legs and I jumped up taking him by surprise to see me right there. I took the moment and elbow dropped his gut and took us both down. "*weeze* Lucky shot..." He said as the air went back in his lungs.

After a moment to make sure he wasn't dead we got back to it. We went back and forth with the hits for a few hours, we were pretty evenly matched. He had the speed on me, but I had more oomph behind my hits. We were even on match wins and as lunch time was approaching Burnin' up the steaks for us.

"Okay you two, next one to take a hit doesn't get lunch!" She shouted as we were in the middle of the match.

"WHAT!?" Nova and I turned our heads and yelled.

"That's not fair, we've been fighting all morning!" Nova complained, but Burnin' just waved him off.

"Hey I haven't had anything either so how do you think I feel." She said defensively.