14. Tournament Style

"It felt just like back then. After it happened." Y/n said as all positive emotion fell from his face.

"...It's really been 10 years, huh?" Midnight asked while she just looked down at her bowl too.

"...11, actually, it was right before my sixth birthday." He corrected her. They were both quiet for a moment before Midnight got a look of realization on her face.

"Wait! What's today's date?!" She suddenly asked as she started rooting through her handbag. She checked her phone and breathed a sigh of relief. She calmly put her phone away and took out a small rectangular navy box pushing it on the counter towards Y/n. "Happy birthday, runt. I can't believe it fell on the same day as the festival." She said as she went back to eating her food.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Y/n's POV-

After my meal with Nemuri my head was much clearer than it was before. At the moment as we were walking onto the field after the break I was looking for Mina so I could apologize for being an ass for no reason, but I couldn't see her anywhere. Funny enough I couldn't seem to find any of the girls from Class A, strange.

"Now that lunch is over, it's finally time to reveal the last event!" Present Mic yelled over the speakers to welcome people back. "But, before that there's good news for all of you who didn't make it to the finals! This is just a sports festival, so we've prepared recreational games that everyone can participate in, too! We've even brought real cheerleaders from America to liven things up!" He announced over the loader speaker.

As I was looking around I noticed everyone's attention drawn to something behind me, I turned around and I really couldn't process what I was seeing.

"What are they doing?" I heard Aizawa grumble out into his microphone.

All of the girls from class were in UA cheerleader uniforms. All of them had dark looks in their eyes, like they did NOT want to be here.

"What's up with, Class A? What kind of fan service is this?" Present Mic questioned.

I want to say my eyes were not locked onto Yaoyorozu, but that would make me a liar. I could feel my face heat up by the second seeing her in the cheerleader outfit. Even though it was less revealing than her hero costume it didn't have the same sense of professionalism that it did, a cheerleader outfit had one effect and it was certainly working on me. Jiro then saw me staring at Yaoyorozu, she smirked and nodded her head toward Yaoyorozu. She wouldn't do it. I shook my head no, pleading with her not to do this. She shook her head yes and got Yaoyorozu's attention and pointed at me. Huh, she would do it. Before I could look away Yaoyorozu saw me looking at her, her face grew bright red before she too looked away. She looked around and started yelling at the schemers behind their situation.

"Mineta! Kaminari! You tricked us, didn't you?!" She yelled remembering their interaction earlier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-No One's POV-

"Jiro, Yaoyorozu." Kaminari said flatly getting the girl's attention as he and Mineta walked up.

"Hm? Did you need something?" Yaoyorozu asked, turning around with her lunch tray in hand.

"Well, I'm sure you already know since you're a class rep and all, but they said everyone has to wear those clothes to do a cheer battle this afternoon." Mineta said, turning to point at the cheerleaders running past. Jiro blushed as her earphone jacks raised defensively.