15. Acid and Rubble

I wasn't in awe of his power, impressive as it was. No, I was in awe of how careless he was with his power. I was in awe of how he just released that power onto half the crowd. There are children in there dammit! I snapped my head to look at the damage, but was relieved to see the ice had narrowly avoided the crowd. Whether it was dumb luck or Todoroki's control, that was inexcusable.

"Sero is immobilized, Todoroki is the winner." Nemuri said as she started chipping the ice that formed off of her. The crowd didn't cheer, they were simply too in shock of the power. Soon however the crowd was giving well wishes to Sero for the utter defeat. 

As they did so Todoroki walked up to Sero and began to heat up the ice to get him out. I looked at Todoroki as he did so and he looked like a shell. It wasn't his normal calm and collected attitude, but just a simply emotionless one. The anger I felt slipped and was replaced with sympathy. Maybe he didn't mean to put that much power into it or maybe he did, either way the look on his face was one I understood. Regret.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Y/n’s POV-

“Everybody, sorry for the long wait!” Present Mic apologized because of the break that was needed to clean up the amount of ice Todoroki made in the stadium. “The stage that was frozen in the second match is finally dry, so onto the next match!” He announced as the participants walked up. “The assassin from Class B! Pretty things have thorns, you know! From the hero course, it’s Ibara Shiozaki!”

As she walked up I got a good look at her. She’s a rather cute girl of medium height with green, thorn-covered vines for hair, one set wrapped around her forehead a couple of times that she keeps at a reasonably manageable length: just above her waist. Her eyes are squinted and dark green with long lower eyelashes. She has a very refined attitude simply by the way she walks.

“Versus--Sparking Killing Boy! From the hero course it’s Denki Kaminari!” 

“Sparking Killing Boy?” I questioned out loud. “Why does that sound like something you would call him?” I asked Jiro as I turned around in my seat to look at her, to which she simply shrugged.

“Now, we’ll have a super flashy battle this time too--” Present Mic got into it, but was interrupted.

“Um excuse me? What did you mean by ‘assassin’?” Shiozaki asked, raising her hand to speak as the other was over her heart. “I have only come to find victory, not to take my opponent’s life.”

“I-I’m sorry!” Present Mic stuttered out an apology to the girl. Meanwhile I was confused as hell about how her rather quiet voice carried so well in the stadium for Mic to hear her up in the booth.

“In the first place, I wished to enter UA High School not for wicked reasons, but for the salvation of others…” Shiozaki preached as if she was in church.

“I said, I’m sorry!” Present Mic interrupted her speech. “My bad, okay?!”

“Thank you for understanding!” Shiozaki thanked with a bow and then walked back to the center.

“A-Anyway, Start!” Mic yelled beginning the match.

The match itself was nothing spectacular, honestly. It was over in a flash quite literally. Kaminari started the match by spouting some nonsense and using his strongest move, from what Jiro and Yaoyorozu have told me of their experience at the USJ, by discharging a large wave of electricity at Shiozaki. She countered this easily by turning around and making a large wall of vines stick out of the arena, effectively making a grounded barrier. After seeing that Kaminari was in some kind of dumbed down state Shiozaki took advantage of this by using her vines to restrain him, ending the match especially quickly.