20. A Day Off

(I do not own any music or art in this chapter.)

-Y/n's POV-

I woke up a little after 10 am after tossing and turning for the rest of the night. My headache may be gone, but I am definitely feeling sore after the Sports Festival yesterday. I roll out of the bed and move for the shower as I take my sleepwear off and leave it on the floor as I go. I'll clean it later.

Probably not.

Anyway before I stepped in the shower I turned the water on for it to warm up and I looked in the mirror and saw I still have the bandages on my chest. I peel them off to see a large circular bruise right on my solar plexus about eight inches wide. The center was a dull blue and the edges were already yellowish so it was healing up fast, but damn did it look nasty. It looked like a less severe version of All Might's scar. I poked it without a second thought and the pain immediately made me wheeze. Okay, don't do that again. I stepped into the water and immediately sighed as the warm water passed over aching muscles. I'll spare you the details of my exact routine, but it was great. Just like a warm shower after a nice workout.

As I stepped out I saw my phone had a new message, so after drying my hands I checked it. It was a message from Mina.

"Remember to meet me at the station closest to school at lunch. You promised! :P"

I never promised anything about today, but it'd be rude to ignore her since I have literally nothing to do today. I see it's close to 11 so I get dressed and prepare to leave. I throw on the first clothes that I see and slip on some sandals by the door after I grab my wallet and keys.

As I'm walking to the station I couldn't help but feel eyes on me. I look around and see a decent amount of people that I pass looking my way and whispering.

"Hey, doesn't that kid go to UA?"

"That's a kid, why is he so tall?"

"Yeah he was one of the finalists yesterday!"

"He was a little brutal in the end wasn't he?"

"Yeah, but so was that explosion kid."

I just tried my best to tune it out as I walked. I got to my station and waited for the train to meet Mina. As I stood there I felt a need to stretch so I reached above my head and cracked my back. I heard a gasp and saw a child pointing at me and his mother cringing at the sight of my bruise because apparently my shirt rode up from as I stretched. I quickly covered it and made my way through the crowd on the platform. Thankfully the train finally showed up and I stepped on.

As I was looking at my phone, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a young boy around 10 or so sneaking peeks at me from his spot next to his parents. I pretended not to notice him and when he looked away I started staring right at him. When he looked back again he jumped slightly in surprise as he realized he'd been caught. He stood as straight as a board and looked forward. I chuckled to myself as I read my feeds, waiting for the train to make my stop.

As the train announced my stop I got up and made my way out. It was a little busy because it was almost lunch time so it was loud with shouting vendors and bustling people. I looked around and I couldn't see Mina so I made my way over to a bench by the edge of the platform and sat down. After some waiting I look at my phone and see it's almost 12:45. First she makes me leave the house on a day off, then she's the one that flakes. As I'm considering grabbing a quick bite and going back to bug Izuku I hear my name being called.

"Y/n!" Mina shouted as she came over. She was wearing black thigh high boots with a V cut at the top and a long sleeved blue and white striped sweater dress that hung below her shoulders. She also had what looked like a teal bead necklace and a longer black one with a matching handbag. As I stood up she stopped and looked at me confused before laughing.