25. Patrol Has It's Ups And Downs

(This one's a little shorter than other chapters, but I wanted to get you guys something, so you didn't think I was dead. I already got a chunk of the next chapter ready so the wait shouldn't be *reads date of last chapter* Fuck, sorry. Yeah it won't be that long.)

-Y/n’s POV-

After having a light breakfast Burnin told me where to meet the guy I was going on patrol with and told me a little bit about him. Apparently they started at Endeavor's agency at around the same time. Whenever they went on patrol in the same area he would always complain that no one would be paying attention to them, or how people would always stop them with what he called "petty little nobody problem". I can start to see why I've never heard of this guy before.

What did pique my interest was his quirk. Apparently his quirk lets him hear clearly through solid objects he puts his ear to. That sounds amazing for recon types of things like heros that work closely with the police but because that stuff doesn't pay very much he trained to throw objects like blunted axes and batons with accuracy to fight on the streets.

I went to the meeting spot in the plaza outside. I asked Burnin why not meet in the lobby and apparently Native doesn't like coming into the agency much apart from the room he uses. I sat down at a table outside a cafe and waited, but because I was in my hero costume I drew a small bit of attention. A few people who recognized me from the sports festival came up to me. I got up to talk to them and after about close to an hour a small crowd started forming. I noticed some blond girl in a brown outfit seemed to be looking at me from across the plaza, but before I could look at her someone grabbed my shoulder.

“You Golem?” The guy asked as I turned to look at him.

He was a few inches shorter than me and had an average build. He had slightly shaggy brown hair that went down to about his chin and a green and red headband with a feather in it. His suit was a brown leather material with darker brown gloves and a light fur cape with a pale yellow sash going around his waist. He looks like how Burnin told me, this must be Native so I nodded my head.

“Alright let’s go, you’re following me.” Native said as he started brushing the people away. “What was that about anyway?” He asked as he started walking to the station to go to our patrol route.

“Those people were asking me about the sports festival and U.A. in general.” I answered him as I waved to a little girl that asked to take a picture with me.

“I was ranked pretty high in my school's sports festival too so don’t worry, the hype doesn't last that long.” He said as we went to the line to Hosu. Burnin told me he didn’t go to one of the bigger hero schools. I don’t mean to sound elitist, but I doubt many even watched his school’s festival.

“By the way, did something come up? Burnin told me we were to meet at 9, it’s almost 10 now.” I said as I looked at my phone.

“None of your business, either way I’m here now.” He said with a bit of annoyance and continued walking.

We got to Hosu around 1 in the afternoon after a rather uneventful train ride. Native had said nothing to me the whole time and took a nap. I know I’m an intern, but this dude really drops the ball on being hero-like. As we were patrolling around the city it didn’t really seem like Native was following any kind of route, just going to the biggest crowd from the next and standing around waiting for something to happen.

As we were walking I pulled my phone out and to see how Izuku was doing with his internship with Grand Torino. He says that Gran Torino is really weird, but really powerful at the same time. As I’m about to reply I heard some shouting happening and looked to see a group of kids no older than early middle school age crowding around something. I stop walking and turn to Native.