23. Hotheaded Training

The inside of the building was buzzing with activity. The first floor was a lobby of enormous proportions, clearly designed to make anyone visiting awestruck. Sidekicks and other staff were passing to and from the rows of elevators, and the intercom was crackling with announcements.

"Squad A prepare for deployment in four minutes..."

"We have a situation in the Miho shopping district, who's the closest to respond?"

"Where's Burnin? I've got a message for-"

I was overwhelmed as we walked into the heart of the lobby. Todoroki kept going, ignoring greetings and well-wishes as he marched past the crowd and rows of secretary desks towards the largest of the elevators.

I, on the other hand, wasn't able to make such a good time through the busy lobby, slowly navigating my bulk through the crowd while trying to avoid bumping into anyone. Just as I thought I was in the clear, I bumped into someone, knocking them down.

"Hey, watch where you're going, man! What's your ID?!" The sidekick yelled as he got up. He was shorter, even compared to someone of average height. He had on a blue jumpsuit with gold boots and gauntlets. Gold lines ran up the arms and legs of the suit connecting to three gold circles on his chest. His helmet was gold with a red star on his forehead.

"Uh, I don't work he -" I tried to say before he interrupted me.

"I'll have your head for this! Don't you know who I a-"

"Shut up, bucket head!" He was cut off by a female voice. "You just got your license a week ago; you have no weight built up yet to throw around!" As the woman walked up, I remember seeing her at a hero event years ago next to Endeavor. It was Burnin.

She had big red-orange eyes and pointy teeth. Her most distinguishable feature was her long, flaming yellowish-green hair with two bangs on each side and a wider bang going from the center of her forehead to the right.

She is wearing a light-gray double-breasted mini dress with orange and black lining and slits on both sides of the skirt. Her collar, belt, and wrist guards are black with a smaller orange line, and the silver buttons resemble flat-headed screws. She also wears a belt with a temperature gauge on the front and a fire extinguisher on the back, black knee-high socks, and short black boots.

"I mean come on, you can't just haze a new face just because you don't wanna be the new guy!" She chastised him.

"He made me drop my memos fo-"

"What's going on here?" Todoroki said standing next to me. I need to put a bell on this guy.

"Shoto!" Burnin shouted. "Haven't seen you around recently, congrats on second in the Sports Festival!"

"Hmm." That was all he replied before turning to me. "Let's go L/n. My father is waiting for us."

"I'm supposed to be there too, but I gotta get this one in order." She said pointing to "Bucket Head". I hope that isn't his actual hero name.

After the commotion, the bustling slowed and parted as I walked behind Todoroki. We came to an elevator that automatically slid open as we walked up. The walls were all glass, looking out onto the city. When the doors closed Todoroki pulled out an ID badge and held it up to a scanner on the button console. After he did the buttons lit up and a large red E flashed.

"The IDs let you access the elevator and different clearances let you go to different floors. You will most likely be issued one soon." Todoroki said as he pocketed the ID.

As we got to the top of the building I started to get a little nervous because of my track record with Endeavor. He is a professional, but still. I adjusted my costume case in my hands before the doors opened. We walked out to see a small lobby with a seating area to the left and a secretary desk next to the large set of very dark wood doors. The woman at the desk had bright blue eyes, a visor with two large blue-tinted lenses, and straight blonde hair with a brown patch stemming from her roots.