4. Entrance Exam

Midoriya: "Well this is it. Time to put our ten months of training to the test." he said next to Y/n.

Y/n: "Hell yeah, let's show 'em who we are!" he said while dripping confidence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-No One's POV-

A training ground they said. The "training ground" as they call it is just an entire city that no one lives in. The group of examinees stood in awe simply of the gate into the training ground. As Midoriya was trying to put on a brave face Y/n was looking around at the competition. The only people of note were a boy with six arms with webbing in between each an inch or two shorter then Y/n, a boy with some kind of blouse sweatshirt combination and a large belt with a lense of the buckle, the strict boy that scolded Midoriya during the orientation, and the bubbly girl from before the exam. Y/n noticed Midoriya staring at the girl and elbowed his shoulder to shake him from his thoughts as he stated his stretches.

Midoriya: "I should probably go say thank you before we start." he said, walking forward.

Y/n saw the uptight boy from earlier going to intercept Midoriya, but continued his warm-up waiting to see how it played out before jumping in. As he walked up and put his hand on Midoriya's shoulder it caused the boy to jump.

Blue haired boy: "It looks like she is trying to focus on the test ahead. What are you going to do? Distract her and ruin her chances to succeed?" he asked, stopping Midoriya.

As Midoriya started panicking about the accusation the other examinees began talking about the greenette. This caught Y/n's ear so he listened closer as they were writing Midoriya off simply from the incident out front and in the lecture hall. Y/n stood up straight and walked over to Midoriya's aid.

Y/n: "I'm sorry about the comotion my friend here has caused. You can all go back to your preparations." he said with a smile on his face and a menacing aura about him causing some to shy away from the scene. The blue haired boy looked Y/n up and down, unable to get a read on the larger boy now in between him and Midoriya before walking away.

Midoriya: "Y/n..." he said from behind his friend, causing him to turn around and meet his gaze. "You always stand up for me and I can't thank you enough for it, but I need you to promise me when we're in there you won't help me if you see me struggling." he said with a steely look in his eyes.

Midoriya: "Sink or swim, I need to do this by myself. I can't always rely on you to bail me out if I'm in trouble. Okay?" Midoriya asked with his hand out staring Y/n down. Y/n couldn't help but smile and grip his friends hand to make the deal.

Y/n: "I like this new you, Izuku. You got a deal." he happily relied with a firm handshake.

Present Mic: "Right, let's start! Get moving!" he shouted from on top of his announcer's tower as the doors opened.

Without a second thought Y/n raced to the front of the crowd before most knew what was going on. The only one with him at the front from the blue haired boy. As Y/n quickly studied him he saw tail pipes coming from his calves indicating some form of speed quirk.

Ten months ago Y/n would be at the tail end of the pack, where he hoped Midoriya was not, but because of Allmight's training he realized if he couldn't block everything he needed to be fast enough to dodge. All Might did this with the somehow effective training of hurling rocks at Y/n well, screaming dodge repeatedly until he could easily do so or shatter the ones he couldn't. Y/n was now much lighter on his feet then most people who are his size of 6 ft 4 in., but could still plant his feet quickly and take his stance.

Present Mic: "There are no countdowns in real battles. Run run run, listeners you're wasting air time here." he yelled.

As Y/n broke off from the pack to look for some faux villains to fight, he thought of what All Might said to Midoriya about using his new quirk.