𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒅𝒆

"𝐇-𝐇𝐄'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐄!"

_______________________________

     You stood at the front of the gym, Yaku standing and waiting idly beside you.

     "So...are we going inside?" He gestured towards the sliding doors.

     "Yeah sorry, I just sorta zoned out." You lied with a small smile. You were simply just anxious to walk inside. Sweat was forming at your hairline and your stomach sunken pit. Yaku slid open the door with a harsh noise that scratched at the pavement. The gym was a bright orange with polished wood bleachers.

     "The coach said you could meet the team today and see if you'd even want to manage us." He explained while leading you inside.

     "You already know Kenma and Kuroo already so i'll go change and get the rest of the guys out here to introduce you." He smiled, waving goodbye holding on to his bag with two hands as he walked into the locker room.

     You sat on the bleachers staring at the ground awkwardly. Was this worth it just to mess with Kuroo? If the team didn't have a manager yet there had to be a reason. You prepared yourself for the worst as Kuroo started to walk out of the locker room, stopping in his tracks as he met eyes with you.

_______________________________

     He blinked for a few seconds, not moving from his original stance. The eye contact was persistent and full of petty tension but neither of you would look away from one another.

     "So it was true hm?" He grinned towering over you as you stayed sat in front of him.

     "So what if it is?" You scoffed glaring right back up at him. Kuroo paused for a moment, not knowing what to say he rested hand on his hip.

     "Well I actually did not expect you here so you could say you surprised me." He muttered under his breath catching you off guard. It was a small victory but a satisfying one none the less.

     "Awww did you not want me here?" You pouted sarcastically, letting out a small snort. Kuroo looked as if he was going to bite your head off before another boy arrived outside of the locker room.

     He was bald with tanner skin and a bigger  build than Kuroo's while still being shorter than him. You had seen him around the third year halls but had never met him face to face. He looked over to you with a kind smile and seemed to send a short glare at Kuroo before returning back to your gaze.

     "You must be L/n-san, i'm Kai Nobuyuki vice captain of the team it's very nice to meet you." Kai's face put you at ease as he welcomed you into the gym. His body made you believe he was an outside hitter, like bokuto. People in that position had a buffer build than a setter or someone like Yaku who specializes in defense.

     "It's nice to meet you too, i'm actually quite excited to see the team." You replied standing up to hold your hand out to shake his. Kai took the offer with no hesitation and shook your hand gently.

     "I hope you know that there is a reason why we have never had a manager." He mentioned with a sigh.

     Your head poked up slightly, "I don't but, Yaku mentioned something lik-" A harsh screech cut you off as a very tall and slender boy ran out of the locker room.

     "He's going to kill me." The boy said clutching on to Kuroo's shirt.

     "Who-" You began, again getting interrupted by the same silver haired boy.

     "KENMA! H-HES GOING TO KILL ME!" He screamed out looking over to you with a terrified expression.

     "What the hell did you do." Kuroo's brows furrowed together trying to clutch the boy off of his shirt.

     "H-his game, I messed with it and h-he lost his save file. PLEASE I DIDN'T MEAN TO!"Kenma had never looked terrifying to you, he'd never even gotten angry he just seemed
indifferent about everything. But when the blonde boy came out of the locker room you saw a face you'd never seen before.

"I'm going to die." The taller boy squeeked, trying to hide further behind Kuroo.

     His facial features were dark and his brows furrowed together in anger. Any random bystander wouldn't have thought he was angry but you could feel the tension coming off of his half dressed self. DS in hand he started towards the tall boy, who was currently tied to the back of Kuroos shirt doing his best to hide his 6ft self.

     The defense obviously didn't work. Kenma headed straight for him, chasing him around the gym as you and the others walking out of the locker room watched. You saw Yaku finally come out and started towards him.

     "Does this happen every day?" You pointed with a small laugh. He looked over at the two with a disappointing glare and sadly nodded.

     "Kenma completely hates Lev, but mostly everyone does. Before you came to apply we actually made him do all the manager work." Yaku grinned, making you giggle

     "What year is he, if he's that tall shouldn't he be a third year?" You questioned, "I haven't seen him around at all."

     "Sadly no, he's a first year which means he's the most incompetent." Yaku rolled his eyes, "He can't even receive the ball correctly, his height is a complete waste."

     You laughed and then returned to watch the two boys chasing each other.

_______________________________

     Soon enough practice had to begin so Kuroo separated the two. Kenma was still fuming as Lev was avoiding eye contact with him. As the coach came in Kenma started to calm down, his game already absorbing his hands yet again.

     You had never seen Coach Nekomata but now that he was in your face you were less scared than before. He was a slightly pudgy and short old man who seemed to smile a lot from the short smile lines that crinkled around his eyes. The way he spoke was kind and slow as he welcomed you to the team. He dismissed the team to practice and gave you the paperwork to fill out for the position and left you on the bleachers.

     Kuroo and some of the other team were working on serves while Yaku and some first years as well as Kenma worked on receives. A smirk appeared on your face as you stared at the floor. This'll be fun you smiled to yourself, a shadow then appeared in front of you. As soon as you looked up a huge figured loomed over you.

     "You know the manager actually has to do shit right?" Kuroo laughed as the smirk immediately fell from your face.

     "If you don't mind, we'd all like it very much if you would fill up all of our water bottles," He smiled down at you, "Thanks a lot!" He cheered as he began to jog back to practice.

     You sighed getting to work picking up as many water bottles as you could.

_______________________________

WHOREKYUU
this is a lev haiba hate account 🙂 ALSO THANKS FOR 1K READS