𝒇𝒍𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒌𝒔

"𝐈𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬"

_______________________________

The team had discussed a couple phrases to add to the banner but, none stuck like the one Kuroo proposed. The simple word "connect" miraculously fit the team perfectly. Nekoma's number one asset is teamwork as well the trust they have built in one another. The team is connected as one. At first you thought it was a bit cheesy and a rip off of the cliche speech the noisy captain paraded about but, the longer you thought about it, a smile began to creep up your face. The feeling of familiarity entered your chest, warmth that pooled at the base of your stomach. Comforting.

     "Why are you smiling when you should be painting?" Kuroo peered up at you, his honey-colored eyes being highlighted by the sun emitted from his window. You hadn't realized you stopped painting. He had already finished the stencil while you were daydreaming with that goofy smile.

     "Shit, sorry." You sighed, you came to Kuroo's house, trying hard not to start another fight. That compassion left your chest almost immediately. Rolling your eyes, you sloppily reached for more paint.

     The black paint then ricocheted onto the newspaper the two of you sat on. You weren't paying attention to where the rest of the paint flinged, droplets of the charcoal-colored paint settling right into the fabric of Kuroo's pants.

     "What the hell?" He exclaimed, noticing the spots of paint that were spread out in front of him. You turned to look at him, eyes widening at the mess you had caused. You cursed at yourself, seemingly breaking the one promise you had just established. You laughed awkwardly, apologizing profusely as you got up trying to find some sort of stain remover.

     Strong arms pulled you back down by the wrist. Kuroo's hand dove into the paint. With a shit eating grin across his face, he smeared his paint-covered thumb across your cheek. Covering his mouth as he wheezed at the sight in front of him.

     "Real funny isn't it?" You replied, flicking the tip of your paint brush back onto him; black speckles scattered like freckles across his face and hand. Gasping loudly for dramatic effect, the black haired boy doused his paintbrush once more. Kuroo's eyes glared at you, the smile on his face growing more competitive the longer the two of you held fervent eye contact.

     Lunging at you he slashed his paintbrush, obviously not necessarily aiming as the paint clumsily brushed over your collar bone, grazing some parts of your neck. Kuroo smirked at the sight, relishing the offended expression your face was contorting into. The paint felt sticky on your bare skin and you immediately became determined to get the slimy bastard back.

     You drew a small black dot on his nose laughing heartily, your body filling once more with that same warm feeling from before. Kuroo retaliated by smearing paint back on you, touching your cheek cautiously with his paintbrush. You then just realized how close your faces were. It seemed he had noticed too. Your body became giddy again, face heating up and stomach twisting into a confusing, wrenching mess. Face covered in black paint, Kuroo stared, his eyes not leaving yours. You could see almost every small detail of his features up close. Small beauty marks strewn across his jaw, too small for one to see if not for being this close. You watched again closely as Kuroo's eyes traveled down to your lips for a brief moment, his long eyelashes catching your eye. You took in a breath, nerves filling you to the brim, what even were you doing? Your brain screamed at you, asking again and again. You exhaled as the boy in front of you graced his knuckles softly against your cheek. He could definitely feel how warm you were, couldn't he?