𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒅

"𝐀𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐤𝐚𝐲? 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐲"

_______________________________

"I just didn't want my friends to fight," Bokuto breathed out in defense before continuing, "Obviously it was a bad idea but, I was right wasn't I? We all got along at the end, right?" His tone was hopeful, almost desperate for you to agree. You hadn't realized the effects of your petty rivalry on Bokuto, actually you didn't even consider it. Guilt panged through your chest as you looked at his pleading eyes. You cursed at yourself in your head, beating yourself up over the fact that you had been too selfish once again.

"Yeah Bo you were right, today was a lot of fun." Your throat burned, you weren't necessarily lying but the only part you had enjoyed was the end of the night, without Kuroo. To be honest, you wanted to get along with everyone as well but he constantly made it more difficult; continuing to test your patience with every remark, every wink, and every new fight.

"I can't believe he actually paid for my food." You recalled the previous events. You thought about when you had stormed out of the restaurant, how close your face had been to Kuroo's when you had yelled at him, how closely you had dissected his face and how red his surprised expression had been. The tip of your ears flushed with heat, almost burning up as the cold wind rushed to the warm skin. Kuroo was a dick, and you hated him. So why was the blush spreading to your face the longer you pondered your dramatic exit.

Before you could daydream any longer, Akaashi cleared his throat, the noise obviously attempting to clear up the awkward silent tension that was building between the three of you. The stars barely illuminated the suburban streets that you walked, as more houses passed the more recognizable the area became.

Bokuto's house was just around the block. Hit with a wave of nostalgia you sighed sharply, missing the loud laughter you would hear down the alleyway of homes as you and Akaashi walked Bokuto home. You would challenge them to races, reviving Bokuto up to sprint to his home. You usually would lose no matter what. Akaashi would only sit by and watch the two of you with a fond smile, but he hasn't smiled like that for a while. The bubbly mood you had felt with Yaku was getting crushed the closer you came to Bokuto's house. The idea of racing him felt useless at this point. You almost gave up on the whole daydream before Akaashi spoke up next to you once again.

"I'll race both of you if neither of you start sprinting to the house in the next two seconds." He threatened lightly, Akaashi had read your mind once again; your suspicion rose of him being telepathic. It wasn't the threat that made your chest rathe with adrenaline.

Bokuto gave you a confident smirk before taking off sprinting, his feet smacked the pavement moving at an unattainable speed for you to reach. Your legs felt tired just thinking about catching up to him, but you had to commit, so you did. At full force you chased after him. You had a good start before almost losing your balance on the turn to Bokuto's driveway. You had attempted to cross through the grass just for your ankles to give way to the uneven surface. Bokuto had won, again, as he always did. He stood triumphantly as you gasped for air beside him. The cold air you had breathed in while running burned like needles going down your throat.

Akaashi was still walking, laughing at the sight in front of him. Genuine laughter. His sweet laugh entered your system, automatically producing serotonin as you saw Akaashi try to cover his mouth whilst giggling uncontrollably. Your heart swelled.

You felt a huge weight come over you as your vision went dark, fabric rubbing against your face. Bokuto had engulfed you into a tight hug, making it barely possible to fit your arms all the way around his muscular body.