𝒑𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒆𝒔

"𝐋𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 :)"

_______________________________

You had no clue where Kimiko was leading You and Kuroo. For all you knew she could be planning a double homicide. Kuroo and Kimiko chattered in front of you, drowning out your thoughts as you trailed slightly behind them. The sidewalk was only wide enough to fit two people.

"Why did we ever stop talking I missed this!" Kimiko exclaimed with a radiant smile, her gaze glued to Kuroo, it was almost like you weren't there. A secondary character in your own major picture.

"Well...F/n moved and volleyball sorta occupied my time." Kuroo awkwardly shifted away from Kimiko.

"Right! How's been having F/n-chan as your manager going?" Your head popped up at the mentions of your name, heat prickling the skin on your cheeks.

"It's been..." Kuroo paused and looked back at you, "Well, F/n how have you liked being our manager?"

     Both pairs of eyes looked back to you, halting their steps. This was not the attention you had longed for.

     "It- it's been great!" You laughed slightly, feeling the presence of Kuroo's smirk grow the more awkward you became.

"Been getting real close with Yaku haven't you?" Kuroo teased lighting, making you furrow your eyebrows in annoyance.

"For the last time, it's not like that!" You protested, rolling your eyes and gaining an offended look from Kimiko.

"Oh F/n-chan, no need to raise your voice," Kimiko warned, causing you both to go quiet, "No boys like an outspoken girl!"

"Now is Yaku that small guy who bought you a drink?" She questioned, pointing to the small tea in your hands. Kuroo seemed to believe this was hilarious, trying hard to keep in a laugh that stifled in his nose.

"Yep, we are in the same class at school." You responded, the disinterest in the subject shown in your voice.

"Tetsu! Aren't you also in that college prep class? You guys are so smart I could never do that!" Kimiko squealed in her usual high pitch voice. The more she spoke the more dissatisfaction was shown on your face.

_______________________________

     The horrid conversations continued until Kimiko halted at a hill, ending at a small river that sat in front of the three of you.

     "We're here!" She plopped herself onto the grass, her blonde hair spreading out in front of you.

     "F/n don't you remember?" Kimiko gleamed up at you, "We used to come here all the time after school!"

     Now that you took in the scenery it did seem familiar, but no memories were connected to it so you took Kimiko's word for it.

     "Ah, it's been so long since i've been here with people, this spot is a lot nicer with you two here."

     You never knew if Kimiko was being genuine in usual circumstances but the peacefulness of Kimiko's silence was more genuine than anything she had ever said to you. Her expression was different from usual, softer and less forced as the orange sky painted her face.

She looked beautiful and you could tell Kuroo saw it too, staring at her with the same gawking eyes as you.

The silence was disturbed as her eyes opened slightly, "Well what are you guys waiting for? Come lay down next to me and just relax." Closing her eyes again she pat the soft grass next to her.