𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒊𝒐

"𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭?

_______________________________

Your day of school seemed to grow shorter the more you dreaded to meet up with Kimiko. You had never felt liked or appreciated next to her. Constantly being compared to her looks and skills, which according to others, you did not possess.

     It was draining talking to someone who everyone deemed better than you.

     When Kimiko decided to stop contacting you at Fukurodani you were almost thrilled. A weight was lifted from your shoulders, but here
she is butting her way back into your life.

     Trudging your way into the girl's locker-room, you changed into the tracksuit the coach had given you the day before and made your way back to the court. You idly watched the scrimmage in front of you, rarely
paying attention whilst flipping the score board every time a side scored a point.

     Kuroo's side had won and asked you to refill their water bottles, making you run across the gym to do so. You silently filled out the request, spiking Kuroo's suspicion as he took his water from you with a small thank you. You nodded quietly with a reluctant smile and returned back to your thoughts.

_______________________________

     "Earth to Y/n, anyone home?" Yaku waved his hand in front of your face, trying to catch your attention.

     "Oh sorry, I was just spacing out." You lied. If Yaku was to know about Kimiko, then he would know the truth about what had happened between you and Kuroo. You didn't care for people to just refer to you as Kuroo's ex. They didn't need to know why he dumped you.

     "Alright if you say so," Yaku hummed, "The team is going to get a snack at the convenience store after practice if you'd like to go."

     You cursed under your breath.

     "Sure, i'm heading that way anyways." You agreed, plastering a fake smile across your face, immediately regretting your decision. Kimiko will see Kuroo and there's nothing you can do about it.

_______________________________

     You looked at the time on your phone, desperately hoping that either Kimiko forgot she had work or somehow got into a terrible accident with her memories of you vanishing. Common courtesy states that you would text her that you're heading her way but your mind goes against it, sliding your phone back into your pocket as Yaku next to you spoke up.

"Did you bring any money L/n?"

     You rustled through your pockets, coming out empty-handed.

     "Shit. I don't." You cursed at yourself, already feeling the embarrassment rise in your chest.

     "I can pay for you if you'd like." Yaku suggested, taking out the wad of money he held in his school bag.

    "No, you've already paid for enough of my food." You laughed absently, guilt stinging your throat.

     "It's really no big deal, but whatever you say." Yaku hummed going back to his own thoughts as the team approached the store.

     The small ding of the door sent a small chill down your side as you glanced at the counter. Kimiko was not there and was replaced by an older middle aged man.

     "Welcome." He waved, looking back down to read a magazine he was reading. You followed Yaku to the drink section and watched him grab a water and a sweet tea drink you were familiar with and frequently bought at lunch.