2

Outside the walls of Forbidden City

Standing infront of the massive opened gates, one cannot help but gasped at the sight. The forbidden city truly is the royal family's home, even if it's just the gate's exterior it was already lavish.

Jin stood with his head held high. He was dressed in blue and white expensive gown, made with the finest silk the well-known tailor near their town owned. His untamable hair was decorated with colorful pins, a few black strands flying as the air blew softly, quite a stark contrast to a healthy alabaster complexion. A sweet smile slowly formed upon those cherry painted lips as guards from the gates approached to greet the person that had returned.

"Welcome back, My lady" the two guards greeted in unison. Jin nodded in response to the two as he stepped inside, eyeing the guards with caution hidden underneath the pair of coffee brown eyes that held nothing but softness on the surface as he heard the two guards whispering about how gorgeous he looked today.

'How shameless of them to ogle at the sight of him' the thought brought a bitter smile to his face.

Getting passed the guards was way easier than what he had predicted. It could either mean security wasn't right or the similarities of him and his sister are eerily too similar, either way, he got in with no problem so now it's time to execute his phase two; find the people mistreating his beloved sister and make their lives a living hell.

Jin made his way towards the butterfly pavilion , the manor where his sister resides. He was quite delighted to know that the place was quite extravagant, even more lavish than their home. He placed his luggage and sat cross-legged in a not very ladylike way on the chair, placing his head on the palm of his arm, grimacing when the fake long nails scraped the skin underneath his eye.

"Why did Xie Xie made my nails like this? she doesn't even have such long sharp nails" he sighed, scanning his eyes around the place.

It was a combination of modern and old with the dirty white walls that has golden intricate designs running up and down, expensive gold furnitures, marbled floors and baby blue curtains around tall open windows that overlook a beautiful garden full of different spring flowers, the scent of said flowers wafting inside the manor everytime a gentle wind blows.

He inhaled all the scent around him softly as he stood up, making his way towards the garden through the large window, staring at the beautiful garden with such calm and ease.

"This is a nice place, it makes a person feel peace and tranquility..." he paused as the wind blew hard, his long hair flying freely, some strands coming off of the hairpins that clipped them in place making him chuckle. Even his sister can't tame his rebellious hair.

"I shall not get carried away with sight seeing. It's quite a pity that the other consorts and concubines living here are a bunch of intolerable people" he scoffed when he saw a group of concubines strolling around with their handmaidens, laughing at whatever they were chatting about. The way they looked so friendly made Jin's smile falter, his brows furrowing in irritation. He immediately stepped inside and slammed the windows shut.

Just as he was about to turn his back , a mysterious figure stood behind him. Jin flinched at being caught of guard. How was it that he never felt anyone's presence enter?

As the windows were shut, the manor was barely lit, casting a dark shadow on the figure's face making Jin unable to identify whether it was a man or a woman.