9

Butterfly Pavilion

"Your breath stinks"

Everything stopped at that moment when the words left Jin's mouth.

"Pardon?" The emperor took a few steps back, his hand coming up to cover his own mouth. Jin's face was tinted with pink but if he wasn't so flustered would've laughed.

"I won't repeat what I said" Jin uttered matter of fact, watching the emperor's face turn red as a tomato, similar to his.

The emperor couldn't express any word as he stood up and left the room in a hurry, slamming the door on the way which caught some of the servants attention, halting their works.

"Get back to your works!" Jin ordered making them scurry around and continue their chores.

That bastard! Doing such intimate and disgusting thing to me! Jin screamed in his mind, suddenly fuming with anger and shame.

To think that he didn't push the emperor away when he knew exactly what was to come. Jin felt repulsed.

Why did I allow myself to be humiliated!?

Jin groaned, coming forward and opening a small crack on his door to peek through, trying to see if the emperor was still around.

"You're such a fool!" Jin scolded himself, backing away from the door. The embarrassment coming back to him in full force.

You are a man. You do not condone to the acts of sodomy, get yourself together Jin.

A voice in the back of Jin's head reminded him but for some reason it irritated him.

Jin grabbed the nearest thing he could see, which happened to be the jade comb he used earlier. As he was about to smash it on the floor in pieces, suddenly an image of what happened between him and the emperor flashed on his mind but this time it wasn't him but his beloved sister standing on his position.

Jin's hand stopped mid air as the scene in his head continued, his thoughts full of overthinking played a view of his sister getting humiliated by the emperor.

Jin gritted his teeth and placed the comb back to its where he picked it. He came over the bed, sitting down as he rubbed his face with both hands in frustration.

"If it was Xie Xie the emperor would've done more" Jin whispered, pain lacing his voice.

"I have to endure" he added, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"It's for Xie Xie's sake" Jin reminded himself, finally taking hold of his temper and regaining composure.

What happened today will not stop Jin from executing his plans. If sacrifices must be made for him to achieve what he wants then he shall sacrifice, it was no time to hold onto his pride as a man.

After seeing the empress dowager, Jin's thirst for revenge has gone off the charts.

I must attain it. No matter what it takes.

Jin promised himself as a new found will appeared before him.

Later that evening Jin expected the emperor to show up again but to his surprise the annoying bastard didn't; perhaps he was humiliated by his words, it's such a turn off after all.

Jin was at the garden tending the plants and removing some grown weeds the servants haven't noticed at that time. His hands were soiled with dirt and the servants have been asking for him to stay in the manor instead of doing a servants tasks but being inside the manor bores Jin so here he was, working.

Should I send some flowers home? Jin thought as he admired the fully bloomed pink rose infront of him, but then again his sister would already have those kind of flowers in our backyard.

Jin shook his head and continued tending the plants.

After finishing it Jin went inside and changed into a comfortable thickly layered yellow chiffon dress and gave his previous outfit to the servants to be cleaned after staining it with soil.

Jin sat at the front porch and watched the far horizon, the sun would set soon and the sky would be wonderful to see.

Xie Xie would also love to see the sunset with me. Jin thought sadly as he stared at the orange skies, overcome with longing for his little sister.

"I wonder if you're worried about your big brother..." Jin murmured under his breath, his eyes moving towards his calloused hands.

"I'm tending your garden so you don't need to worry about it..." Jin added noticing how his voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

Tears burned his eyes and he blinked them away, moving his gaze back to the setting sun.

Oh my dear beloved sister, your brother would not shed a tear. I know after this we would see each other again, I pray that you're doing fine in our lovely home.

Jin smiled as an image of Mai flashed upon his mind but that smile was instantly replaced with a frown when Xian's face replaced his sister's image.

Get away from my mind!

Jin shook his head and focused on the sun instead yet for some reason his chest started feeling weird. It was as if he felt lonely.

The sun had finally set and was replaced by the darkness of the night. The sound of crickets filled the silent night along with some other nocturnal creatures.

The wind blew and the air was chilly causing Jin to shiver, making him rub his shoulders in an attempt to warm himself.

Xian didn't really come. A sigh of disappointment left Jin's parted before he realized what he was thinking.

"Well it's not like I miss him" Jin snorted then blushed at what he said.

Why would I even miss him in the first place? Jin couldn't help but ask himself then chuckle.

"Get yourself together, being around your enemies is making your mind crazy" Jin scolded himself and finally decided to come in and embrace the warmth of his sister's manor or in other words his own manor, well only temporarily, If Jin was questioned he would prefer to be home than here.

After dinner was done, Jin was lounging inside his quarters, a brush pen on his hand and a paper at the table. He was writing a letter for his sister back at home that he would give to the mail carrier in the morning; in secret of course.

As Jin was focused on writing a sudden tapping noise from the window behind him got his attention. It made Jin alarmed as the tapping become more impatient yet still soft enough to not be heard by the servants outside.

Jin gripped the brush pen tighter, standing up and slowly walking towards the window but before he could completely go near, it opened by itself, if Jin was a freighteded silly woman he would've screamed but damn did he flinch when a man's figure entered.

A pair of strong arms wrapped themselves around Jin and covered his mouth before any noise could break out and Jin squirmed and trashed uncomfortably around said arms.

I wasn't prepared for this!

Jin could feel the steady breathing of the man from his chest. As Jin kept squirming, his clothes must have been open at the chest area and that made Jin alarmed even more.

A pervert!

Jin opened his mouth and bit down hard on one of the intruders finger's causing the person to let go of him, as soon as he was free, Jin was about to scream again until he caught a glimpse of a familiar face and Jin's mouth fell open in utter shock.

"Xian!?"

The emperor stood there, with the harshest glare, his open robes exposed plenty of his chiseled chest, whilst shaking his hand where Jin had bitten.

"What are you-" before Jin could finish the emperor had cut in, speaking such words that made Jin's mind blank.

"I'm here to finish what we started"

What now?