6

Butterfly Pavilion

That night Jin lay in his sister's bed that he now calls his own. His eyes staring blankly at the ceiling while his mind wondered to the previous events. Starting with the rumors about the Empress and the Emperor. It seems to be true because they carry the same last name, the two looked identical despite the emperor having the recessive traits, it was only the eye and hair color that was different after all.

Jin frowned, suddenly remembering how the emperor acted yesterday upon the mention of the ring on his finger. It had to be a ring. It was shiney, it glinted under the light and it was on the emperor's finger. Jin pondered, flipping onto his side so he can stare at the moon through the open windows. Why did he seem anxious. Royal marriages in this palace doesn't include matching rings like the western.

"Could it be!" Jin abruptly sat up.

"He is secretly engaged to another person from the west!" Laughter erupted from Jin's mouth as he tried to imagine such a thing. He knows full well it wasn't true, and was definitely taboo but the thought still made him laugh hysterically to the point he forgot how long he was laughing and when had he fallen asleep.

Morning came, the bright warm rays of the sun seeping through the curtains. Birds sang upon the nearby trees and the scent of food wafted in the air as servants started their work for the day.

Jin was awoken when a servant came strolling in his quarters, knocking lightly on the door while he tried to blink away the grogginess he felt.

"It's morning my Lady" the servant stated, tapping at the door again.

"I'm coming in a minute" Jin spoke to the servant, his usually high voice sounding a little tired after feeling a bit of sleep inertia from waking up. He heard the servant's footsteps going away before he slowly stood up, going infront of the mirror to check himself. Jin grimaced as he saw a bit of lipstick smearing on the corners of his mouth, the eyeliner also smudge the underside of his eyes making it look unnaturally dark.

'Honestly, how can woman put this in their face?' Jin questioned himself, picking up a small jade comb to brush his long messy hair due to him moving a lot around his sleep. He stared once more in his reflection in the mirror, wiping the smudged make up on his face clean. He suddenly noticed  the longer he stared in the mirror, the more he can see how much similarities he and his sister have, not just on the facial features but also on the body.

Jin's body wasn't that masculine, he barely have any muscles at all, his body was lean and slender, built for speed and agility. Though the only difference they have is what's down their and Jin doesn't have a pair of large breasts meant to overfill ones palm. Even with that Jin can't help but sigh. His slender body and face was enough to fool any man that he could feel the masculinity in him shiver in repulse to the idea.

He inhaled deeply, putting the comb down and throwing his current thoughts out the window, replacing them with his plans. So far, Jin hasn't made any big moves. The collection of info proved helpful but the reliability of sources gather a huge drawback, for now he could only hope he can get hold of something big, like a secret, something that was enough to cause a stir without affecting his sister's reputation too much.

Jin marched towards the wardrobe, picking up something a little casual for today. His sight landed upon a short, pastel yellow dress with a halter neck. A smile made it's way onto his face when he remembered his sister wearing this whenever she tended to their garden, it was good for hot weather so he decided to wear it for the day and try to redo the make up in his face.