3

Butterfly Pavilion, Private Garden

My Love . . . My love . . . My love . . .

Those words echoed in his mind like a broken record, repeating itself over and over again. Jin stood there unmoving, he felt as if his soul had flew off his body while he stared at the emperor in complete confusion, bewilderment, and even horror. It would seem his whole brain function had collapsed at that moment.

The emperor smiled toothily, flashing his pearly whites before coming infront of him to wrap his arms around him in a hug that was meant to be gentle yet felt so tight that Jin found himself gaining control over his mind and his instant reaction was pushing the Emperor away from him, making the Emperor stumble a few steps back while he shivered in disgust.

'Of all people, of all consorts and concubines. The emperor have to favor his sister' the thought made him shiver again.

"My love what's wrong? Are you cold. Should we head inside?" the Emperor asked, pertaining to him shivering repeatedly.

He finally got a hold of himself once he remembered that he's pretending to be his beloved sister, to get revenge for the harassment his sister went through. Now he finally got a good clue why his beloved sister was getting harassed.

Playing favorites was a bad thing, specially when it comes to the royal harem. Woman tend to be competitive towards one another. If it meant raising a rank up or gaining favor they would use underhanded methods with no regards to others but their personal gain. Such a thing had long existed amongst the woman in the harem. It was a rarity that one does not seek power, position, and only wants to be part of the harem to serve the emperor but those kinds of woman always get the short end of the stick as those who seek the opposite pick on those who would never fight.

Jin's stomach churn, the frown on his face deepened as he let his own thoughts sink some more in his mind.

The other consorts and concubines are fighting for attention, and because of the favor befalling on his sister she would be a primary target of mistreatment. Jin can't believe he didn't think of this possibility before coming here. If he add all those theories, then the one at fault is...

Jin slowly raised his head and look the emperor dead in the eye. The emperor, who was still taken aback suddenly felt the corners of his mouth twitch into a sly smirk, like he knew something but he composed himself before Jin even picked up on it.

"My....Love...." Jin started, almost puking as the words left his mouth with a bitter taste.

Better get his acting at a ready, he had a long bumpy road ahead of behind the walls of this palace.

"I just got back here from a long journey, I'm experiencing such a horrendous headache. I'm sorry for pushing you away" he lied smoothly, keeping his voice high to sound exactly like his sister while rubbing his forehead for added measures.

He was surprised to see the Emperor coming at his side in less than a second, rubbing his shoulders in concern. The gesture was sweet and caring but he was feeling unpleasant goosebumps running up and down his spine.

Dont touch me with your dirty hands!

He slowly leaned his head against the Emperor's chest, feigning a look of being in pain and mustering the best pleading look he can form.

"My love, I wish to be left alone so I can rest peacefully"

The Emperor looked at Jin in concern before a frown came upon its handsome facial features, making Jin gulp.

'Did I do something wrong?' his thoughts panicked.

"My love...you've gotten a little taller when I know you barely reached my shoulders and your hair
.. it is a little longer than I remember" the Emperor stated in confusion, making Jin look around nervously.

"I-i don't know what you're talking about, I have only been gone for a day and I don't think anything has changed since then" he mentally slapped himself at the way he stuttered at the beginning of his statement but relief soon swept the worry off his heart as the emperor's calculating gaze turned into a soft loving look filled with worry.

Disgusting.

"You're right, you've only been gone for a day, it's my fault that I assumed my beautiful spring flower changed drastically" the supposed compliment felt disgusting to him but he put on a smile, even though the sides of his mouth are twitching whenever he forced a smile. A fake smile that even his beloved sister can't notice, except the man facing him can.

"I'll let you rest my love, but I'll check on you from time to time" the Emperor stated, cupping his cheeks and placing a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Jin was repulsed with the sweet gesture yet he couldn't stop the heat creeping up his face, tinting his cheeks a dark rosey red.

The Emperor looked at him once more with eyes full of untold emotions yet he couldn't look at them straight so he cleared his throat, stepping away and as much as he hated it, placing the quickest tight-lipped kiss on the Emperor's cheek.

Soon after, the emperor finally left with a wave of his hand and Jin once again regain peace.

That night, Jin layed in his sister's bed inside her personal quarters. The room was filled with his sister's unique scent, consisting mostly of different exotic flowers giving off the vibe of someone feminine and alluring.

He was happy to finally close his eyes after a long day. The sun had long set, darkness had replaced the once bright skies, carrying with it was the brightest moon along with billions of stars twinkling from above.

Jin was tired, too tired to notice the way the bed slightly dip on his side. Silver irises staring intently at face where his make up had slowly faded. A hand had reached out and carefully tucked a lock of hair behind his ear, making Jin groan and turn, successfully giving whoever it was a full view of his real face.

"How interesting" a familiar voice spoke followed by the sound of it chuckling as a smirk slowly plastered on its face.