4

A Distant Memory

'It was a hot sunny day, the soft gentle winds carried the summer air around.

Families and friends, along with their children all huddled up near a shade of a large tree that protects them from the harmful rays of the sun, sitting in a wide fabric placed above the soft green grass as plates, cups and a basket full of food are getting passed around for the family to share.

The little children played, not far away from their family's picnic spots. Chasing each other, playing hide and seek and some just sitting around holding a book in their little hands.

But away from that peaceful and joyful sight, in the middle of a forest far from the picnic area.

A little boy was curled up in the ground, clothes smeared with dirt while big fat tears stream down his eyes that was puffy and red.

Around him was four other kids, kicking and throwing dirt at the poor child who can do nothing but cover his body from the upcoming attacks. After half an hour had passed, the beatings came to a halt, the children around the little boy all left as the shouts of their families echoed around, looking for them.

The boy coughed, laying in the ground helplessly till a pair of little boots came to sight.

Standing not far away from him was the child he saw standing in the back and watching him get beaten by other kids. He looked older than him, a few years maybe. He had platinum white hair and piercing silver eyes that holds no innocence children usually have. The older child may not have participated in beating him, but he did nothing to stop them so his immature mind considered him an enemy.

"You might be a noble but we are still Royalty, stop thinking you're the same as us, you'll never be like us" and with those words, the mysterious child left the pitiful boy without looking back and the boy watched with hateful eyes that promised revenge one day.'

Butterfly Pavilion

Waking up feeling light, Jin's mind being clear of worry and stress in the morning is the best feeling for him, along with a pair of muscular arms around his stomach.

Hold up. . . muscular arms?

Jin's eyes trailed to the pair of muscular arms wrapped firmly around his stomach before landing on a familiar face.

The emperor lay fast asleep by his side. Gone with his signature garments that screams his title, the emperor wore nothing but a single layer or red silk robe. The chest area was wide open, giving Jin a full view of the emperor's broad muscular chest. As his eyes trailed lower, he couldn't help but gaze upon the emperor's abs that was partially exposed, and if he looked even lower he would see a silhouette of something big and mighty hiding underneath the thin material of the robes which in turn made his whole face tinge pink.

Jin instantaneously looked away, slamming negative thoughts out of his mind as he began to ponder when exactly had the emperor joined him in bed.

He was purely disgusted, it was a sickening sight for him yet he couldn't help the heat creeping up his face, spreading down his neck as he layed there, still as a statue while another person, a man like himself nonetheless hold him.

But if he pushed him away, if he backed away in disgust, wouldn't that rise suspicion towards him from the emperor ?And if that happen, would he ever get another chance to make whoever mistreated his sister pay?

No, this was the greatest opportunity for him to carry out his plans. Jin must endure. He was a man, simple cuddling isn't something he is afraid, he had done more that that base from his experiences in the pleasure district.

"That's the first time you're awake before me" a sleepy voice said. Jin bit down his tongue before he could make any snarky remark, tilting his head to face the emperor , plastering a sweet smile.

"Your tight embrace has awoken me from my deep slumber, if you could lessen the cuddles I would appreciate it" he explained quietly, tucking a lock of hair behind his ear.

A playful smirk made its way into the emperor's face as he cupped Jin's chin, making Jin clench his fist behind his back, ready to punch-no, slap the emperor if he would pull something inappropriate. Even though something like this shouldn't be inappropriate considering that his Sister and his most hated person are technically married.

The emperor's thumb slowly traced Jin's lower lip, stroking it in a teasing seductive manner.

"How could I lessen it when you were nuzzling into my chest the whole night, I even stopped myself from doing anything to you because you're tired" The emperor chuckled, biting his lower lip.

Jin's smile twitched and before he could stop it, his palm collided against the emperor's cheek so hard that the emperor's head almost popped off his broad shoulders.

And I oops. Jin thought, trying to fight the satisfied smile creeping up his lips.

"How could you..." the words came out the emperor's mouth quietly as he wiped the blood off of his mouth, an angry handprint slowly forming on the place Jin slapped.

Jin was silent, mostly speechless and quiet nervous. How could he lost control like that over something so small. What happened to enduring.

Yeah right, like I could.

Jin snapped back to reality when a pair of strong arms wrapped around him, but not in a harmful way, it felt quite like a gentle touch that left him shock to see the Emperor embracing him after what he just did, now he was starting to question if this man was sane.

Or just deeply in love, but he rather choose it's the former.

"I'm sorry my love, I shouldn't have done such thing" The emperor apologized, voice stricken with guilt and regret it made Jin's frown deeper.

It feels like an act. His gut told him. But why would it feel that way, he thought hopelessly.

"You told me countless times that you don't want to be touch in such a manner yet I couldn't help myself" Jin's eyes suddenly widen, feeling a sigh of relief leaving his mouth and forgetting what internal fight he was having inside his brain.

His sister isn't quite in favor with the Emperor, not quite yet. From the looks of it, the Emperor is still pursuing his sister and that means he could change it, he could make the Emperor stop flirting over his sister. He could make the harassment stop. And all he need to do was break the love the Emperor felt for his sister, in other words, he need to make him fall for him and dump him.

It's quite dangerous but sounds like a plan.

Jin wrapped his arms around the Emperor, laying his head against his shoulder.

The plans had took a direct turn. Jin won't be on the offensive against all the unnamed woman in the harem. He planned to put a stop to all of these through cutting the reason why it began in the first place.

"I forgive you" Jin stated softly, nuzzling his head against the emperor's chest, missing the way the emperor's lips plastered a cheshire grin.

One should really trust their gut.