CHAPTER 17

Note: from now on all chapters will be in Emmaliese POV (unless stated otherwise)

Warning: unedited version

Enjoy🎉🎉🎊🎊

Plane rides never affected me as such. They neither gave me motion sickness, flight phobia nor they ever triggered my claustrophobia and anxiety issues.
But this time it was a whole different level of experience for me. Because this time I was enclosed within an airplane with hundered supernatural creature that survived on human blood.

The only one able to provide any sort of minute comfort, left me standing outside the plane, like a fool he thought I was.

"Dear Emmaliese, shall we?" Aro gestured me to go inside.

I nodded at him and gathered all my energy to move my feet, clutching the thick dark robe to myself.

The first thing that greeted my eyes as I stepped inside, was Caius sitting with a blonde woman, who looked at me with a heated gaze accompanying Caius' intense one.

"Why don't you sit with Marcus, my dear?" Aro suggested from behind me.

"Sure." I shook my head slightly, trying to get rid of the image of my mate with his wife and joined Marcus.

The only thing I was satisfied with was that I got the window seat. I was a sucker for window seat, so clearly getting one was a relief in a horrible situation I was stuck in.

Marcus was right beside me and his depressing voice was easily caught by my mind.

His thoughts were about the confrontation with the Cullens. About how everyone had a bond connecting them to their loved ones.
A particular thought about Renesmee caught my attention.

The girl and the wolf shared the special bond.

I suppose I could use that as an affirmation, that Jacob will always protect Renesmee no matter what. Now I could finally relax, knowing that my people are gonna be with their beloved together, forever and that the depressed vampire beside me did not have any intentions to drain me dry.

I next moved to Aro's thoughts. Again in the see of many voices, his unique enthusiastic voice was easy to catch.

"Such a prize. At least coming here didn't go in complete vain. All the hassle was worth it."

His eyes moved to me slightly and was caught with mine, causing me to avert my gaze away immediately.

"Hmm, as expected." was he expecting me to read his thoughts? Or something else?

"hmmm." annoyed by his long hum, I looked up to meet Jane's eyes who was sitting right in front of me. For some reason, I thought Aro knew how to shield his mind. Because the only thing I could hear from him was the humming sound, some kind of tune from a song maybe. Considering he had the similar gift, it was no surprise.

"Pain." Jane said, making me scrunch my nose at her futile attempt.

Either she was in a false belief that my previous obstruction to her power was a chance event or she really underestimated me. Whatever it was, I guess it was time to remind her who she was dealing with.

I imagined a pain of a very low intensity, something similar to a stomachache, that successfully caused her face to contort in an expression of discomfort.

"You don't want me to go harsh on you now, do you?" I asked, crossing my hands in front of my chest, leaning down in my seat. "Because trust me that will be real ugly."