CHAPTER 9

Emmaliese POV

Have you ever been on a roller coaster ever in life?

I had never been on one. Ever. Renne never allowed me and Bella to ride the roller coaster whenever we visited an adventure park. Apparently because she found the roller coasters were too dangerous for us. Bella was fine with it because at that time, she didn't have this stupid notion in mind to do extreme sports to catch any glimpse of a suicidal vampire ex boyfriend.

But I had always wanted to try the roller coaster for once, especially when a friend in Phoenix boasted about how thrilling the ride actually was.

Thrill. Excitement. Racing heartbeat.

These three words would always keep ringing in my mind and that compelled me to sneak away and ride the roller coaster without informing Rene or anyone, the next time we visited the adventure park.

I was high on adrenaline while eagerly waiting for my turn to sit. Only two kids were in front of me in the queue and I could not wait anymore.

One.

Two.

Bam.

"There you are Missy." Renee's voice felt like a bucket of ice cold water poured directly over my head.

I didn't get to experience all the thrill and excitement that day. So I vowed to definitely ride the roller coaster in future. Because I wanted to feel all that.

I wanted to know how it was like to feel immense erupting joy from within and at the same time feeling equally scared.

I wanted to know how it would feel to want to open your arms to welcome the rushing jolts of the wind and at the same time clutching on to the metal bars for dear life.

I wanted to know how to have a big genuine smile plastered on your face when in the inside you are freaking out.

I vowed to experience all that one day.

What I never thought that it would be like this.

Aro's laughter for the nth time boomed into the huge, vintage looking hall of the Volturi Castle. There was a hint of joy dancing in his milky eyes as he looked at me intently after reading all thoughts of the depressed vampire.

"Marcus here has just shown me the connection," okay the depressed vampire's name was Marcus. And what connection?

Aro looked at my blonde King. "Caius brother." I love my blonde King's name. It was so unique and sounded so good.

I wanted to say it. So unknowingly I whispered his name, looking at him. "Caius." momentarily forgetting that they were vampires blessed with super hearing.

Aro's face erupted into a wide grin and Caius, well he seemed like a human who forgot how to breathe.

"What?" Bella asked Edward who was now by her side.

"My brother here and your sister are mates, dear Isabella." Aro informed for all of us.

"Mates?" Bella spoke again.

After investing my time in the fiction novels I had an idea what the word meant. And so the part of me was hoping out of hope that I was wrong.

Guess not.

"Mates are like soul mates. The other half of a vampire since it's a vampire phenomenon." Marcus spoke in his same depressed voice.